Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

An interesting picture (Kind of graphic)

Collapse
This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by Lmg2701
    I'm going to print that, put a slogan on it, and give it to anyone who claims it's "the woman's right to choose."

The only thing the woman is choosing is to murder a living being.....Which I believe in most states (as long as you're not in the womb) is considered murder and is punishable by the death penalty....Just my $.02. Thanks shibby!

Harsh...

I personally don't really side with either, but I don't like to judge other people, and I certainly don't feel I, or anyone else should make certain decisions for people. What annoys me to no end is the ignorant (most often men) that picket outside abortion clinics, worthlessly adding their 2 cents. Why don't they devote that time and energy to volunteering at the battered womens/childrens shelters and orphanages, why don't they foster unwanted children, how about adopting 2 or 3?

Comment

Originally posted by FitnessBrat
      What annoys me to no end is the ignorant (most often men) that picket outside abortion clinics, worthlessly adding their 2 cents. Why don't they devote that time and energy to volunteering at the battered womens/childrens shelters and orphanages, why don't they foster unwanted children, how about adopting 2 or 3?
      :bravonew:

these pieces of shit outside the clinics would change there tone real quick if it was there daughter or wife that was raped or anything of that nature.

rado, dont even add your 2 cents to this subject. we have had this discussion and you agreed that had it been your wife, sister, daughter, if she wanted a abortion that would be justified.

Comment

Yeah, other people "let" their daughters get raped :rolleyes: Come on rado....

Comment

I guess what bothers me about legalizing abortion is that you open the doors for the scum of the earth to end a pregnancy just because they see it as inconvenient. That happens thousands of times a day. That makes me want to cry, honestly. I understand that things like rape and incest happen and to be honest, I don't have an answer.

What I do know is that it's rare that a situation arises where a woman's life is in real danger. It happens often, but in relation to the number of births, it's rare. Even in that situation, my thinking is that you should do all you can to save both lives, primarily the mother's if it comes to that. The baby may die because you're unable to save both, but you should never intentionally kill the baby. That I don't agree with.

Comment

Its homicide if its a viable fetus. Abortion to a viable fetus is not legal.
            Thanks cutie - now I have to look all this shit up so I will know what I am talking about :D...

Comment

Yeah, other people "let" their daughters get raped :rolleyes: Come on rado....
              ya, im not even sure how to reply to him on that one. im dumber for just reading it..

Comment

Originally posted by rado
                Well obviously not...But I will not talk about this dear:)....We can chat via pm if you'd like, otherwise I can't say more about this ok? Thanks doll:)
                shutup

Comment

Rado, I know you don't want to discuss it... but you are setting yourself up to go crazy. There are bad people in this world who do very bad things. I know there was sarcasim in locking her up and such, but unless you plan to never let her out of your sight you can't gaurantee anything. You do also realize that women get raped and abused by thier husbands too.

Comment

good points on both sides, the only thing not mentioned that i feel is pertinent is the decision making capabilities of the people in power. up until several years ago we had strom thurmond in office, who once ran for president under a segregationist platform. granted that was years ago, but i sometimes don't feel our representatives are the best to make the decision, nor do i think some teen who doesn't want the inconvenience the best to make a decision, tough call either way.
                    what i do like is that this conversation has been mostly civil, and is a return to the supermuscle i joined.

Comment

This is just one of those issues that will never ever be agreed apon by all. There seems to be a mayjor vote against abortion, but it's not as simple as banning abortions. Smoking & drinking kills aswell, imagine the world if they were banned? The outcome of banning abortions would be horrific. Babies dumped like stray cats and dogs, deadly backyard abortions etc etc. The world is full of issues everyone disagrees on, but what's great about some of the countries in the world is that we have options and the right to take whatever option we feel is best and right for our own situations. Nobody else is going to stand in our shoes but ourselves. And how sick to our stomachs does it make us when you look at some other countries where women especially, do not have the rights, options & choices that we are lucky to have in our countries. As far as abortion being a cop out for people who don't take responsibility for sex, IMO banning abortion is not the answer to that either, education is. Education via parents, teachers, peers & the media to help raise more children who have self worth, self respect, morals, goals & the ability to forsee what their actions may result in, and make their decisions accordingly!

Comment

I would like if there was a way to have forced adoption(In non extreme cases). Where when the woman get's pregnant she decides what she wants to do. If she dosn't feel she can raise the baby then carry it to term and give it up for adoption. If the mother decides she wants to take care of it at some point she must go for a phsyc evaluation and then monitored for 1-2 years if she is allowed to keep the baby.

Comment

Originally posted by Shibby
                          I would like if there was a way to have forced adoption(In non extreme cases). Where when the woman get's pregnant she decides what she wants to do. If she dosn't feel she can raise the baby then carry it to term and give it up for adoption. If the mother decides she wants to take care of it at some point she must go for a phsyc evaluation and then monitored for 1-2 years if she is allowed to keep the baby.
                          I think adoption is wonderful. And the parents who give up their children for adoption deserve high regards. It would be the hardest thing to do. Forced adoption is what they did in the 50's & 60's. That is generations of very sad & lost mothers & children. Mothers who had no rights & no chance to express their feelings. The rules and guidelines on how it might be handled today might differ ofcourse, but the emotions would still be the same and those scars last a lifetime. I think a difficult situation should have as many options put to it as possible so that each individual problem has a solution to best suit them. But the main focus should be on prevention. If you don't smoke, your less likely to die from cancer. If you don't bake yourself in the sun, your less likely to die from cancer. If you don't drink & drive, your less likely to kill yourself & other people. If you don't rush into marriage, your less likely to get divorced. If you use a condom, your less likely to fall pregnant. PREVENTION!!
                          And just for the record, because it's sounding like i'm all for abortion, I actually would not have one, because i have a child and i could never imagine aborting a baby that would be just as fabulous and special as my daughter is, which is why i use condoms, or simply dont have sex.

Comment

Pregnancy isn't something that will instill fear to make people think of there health(like the examples you gave). Pregnancy isn't inherently wrong. So prevention isn't going to stick in most heads, espeacially when abortion is an option. But I think the highten awarness of STD's and protecting yourself helps in lowering unplanned pregnancy.

Comment

oh no, i didnt mean what you suggest. I just gave those health issues to show that prevention works in alot of societys issues. By no means did I mean to relate them to pregnancy directly :)

Comment

I'm not relating them to pregnancy either. Just that the ones you listed are health issues and pregnancy is not. So it's much more difficult to raise awarness if people don't feel threatend.

Comment

Working...
                                X