Ok....I'm looking to buy a boat.

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Ok....I'm looking to buy a boat.

I'm looking to buy a boat guys. I want something that I can use for fishing (fresh/salt) and for the fun water sports (tubing/hydrosliding/wakeboarding).

I'm trying to find the best bang for my buck. Any ideas? I always loved the way that bass boats look and it seems like something that would be able to be used for the purposes I'm looking for.

So what do you guy think? And what do you think it's going to cost me?

The fishing boat would be fine for everything except wakeboarding. You pretty much need to decide how important wakeboarding is too you. Even if you put a tower on the fishing boat so that you have a good rope position, you still won't have a decent wake. You could put some fat saks in, but then you have an outboard trying to perform liek an inboard. You can easily put a trolling motor and a fish well in a ski boat, but of course it's a different look.

Comment

Well...along the lines of what Shibby was saying, you need to figure out what the boat would be used for the most. Fun or fishing? If you fish a lot and wakeboard once in a while, then get a fishing boat. If you wakeboard a lot and fish once in a while, then get a pleasure boat. I love the Bayliners myself, but they are mainly for saltwater action.

Comment

Happiest days of a boat owners life:
        The day you buy it.
        The day you sell it.

Comment

Originally posted by Kayak Jones
          Happiest days of a boat owners life:
          The day you buy it.
          The day you sell it.
          :laughnew:

Comment

I've been more than happy with my families 24' pontoon boat for fishing and hanging out and just having some parties out on the water. Some pontoons are able to pull skiers and so on. However, it isn't the look that you most likely like the most.

If I was to buy my own, it would be a reasonable sized powerboat. For now though my friends and I are enjoying what we have now as basically a floating island while another friend burns up all his gas pulling people around all day.

Comment

Do you want a center console, better for fishing, or a traditional ski type boat? I have a 18 Fish and Ski by Four Winns and love it. My only problem is I don't use it enough! It is pretty versital for recreation and fishing. Since you will be in salt water, like me, you probably need a outboard. Whatever you think you will spend, double that cost. Other than that, have fun in the water!!!

Comment

Originally posted by bad14u
                I love the Bayliners myself, but they are mainly for saltwater action.
                I disagree, I'm on Lake erie and a lot of people own bayliners. My dad's ski boat is a 2005 Bayliner 24' open bow.

I come from a boating family, we all have boats on Lake Erie. My husband and I have a 34' silverton convertible.. you can stay on it overnight, fish, swim...

As for dayboats... I've wake boarded behind Boston Whalers. Ski Nautique's are what the big time Wakeboarders use. But they are a small lake boat, they don't do well in big waves...

Luhrs are good fishing boats...

I think I would recommend a bayliner. You can fish and ski behind them, they are a good inexpensive type boat.

hope this all helps

Comment

What type of Bayliner would you suggest? I'd preferably like to pay no more than 20K; however, if it is going to be worth the money I would possibly pay a little more.

Comment

Originally posted by dreamgirl
                    I disagree, I'm on Lake erie and a lot of people own bayliners. My dad's ski boat is a 2005 Bayliner 24' open bow.

I come from a boating family, we all have boats on Lake Erie. My husband and I have a 34' silverton convertible.. you can stay on it overnight, fish, swim...

As for dayboats... I've wake boarded behind Boston Whalers. Ski Nautique's are what the big time Wakeboarders use. But they are a small lake boat, they don't do well in big waves...

Luhrs are good fishing boats...

I think I would recommend a bayliner. You can fish and ski behind them, they are a good inexpensive type boat.

hope this all helps
                    Sorry DG...I was speaking as someone that has very few big areas of fresh water. A Bayliner would be great for that. Around here there aren't that many lakes of great size, mainly rivers, and Bayliners are just too big IMHO for them.

Comment

Lmg....go to bayliner.com, tons of info there.

Comment

Originally posted by bad14u
                        Lmg....go to bayliner.com, tons of info there.

I did, there are sooooo many choices though. That's why I was curious as to which one she would suggest.

Comment

My parents ski boat is the Bayliner 225

http://www.bayliner.com/runabouts.as...4102&year=2006

Don't be afraid to buy used either... a lot of times, people buy boats and think they'll use them and then don't. Then you are getting a great deal. Sometimes also, people will trade them in at a Bayliner Retailer for a bigger boat... then they only get used 1 year.

Comment

Kinda like this one. I looked for water sports/day trips/fishing and this caught my eye.
                            Attached Files

Comment

Originally posted by Lmg2701
                              Kinda like this one. I looked for water sports/day trips/fishing and this caught my eye.
                              That's not a boat, this is a boat.

http://www.lakesideboat.com/Items/110/

Comment

Working...
                              X