Clear All

• Here are the results of the New York Pro

1. Phil Heath
    2. Darrem Charles
    3. Dennis James*
    4. Dave Henry
    5.Bill Willmore*
    6. King Kamali

Phil Heath made history...6 for 6 with 2 straight Pro wins. He is all class, and an awesome competitor. Congrats Phil!

Comment

i believe he is 7-0 now. I was at the show. Good show but I thought David Henry was slightly better conditioned.

Comment

That show has really gotten weak the last few years. Anyone remember when it was called "The night of champions" and it was actually a damn good show?

I take nothing away from Heath, all my congrats go to him.

Bodybuilding as a Pro sport is dieing and wont be along much longer IMO. Thats not really bad news either, if you ask me. The IFBB is such a cluster fuck right now that it just bogels the mind.

The IFBB will soon come to an end and "pro bodybuilding" will die with it. People will continue to train and build there body for the love of it. After awhile, a new organization will emerge and it will be the way it used to be, everyone competing for the love of bodybuilding.

BRING BACK THE GOLDEN AGE AND FUCK THIS CURRENT PIECE OF SHIT WE CALL THE IFBB.

P.S. Whatever happened to that big mouth Kamali? He is getting beat by rookies now? I guess he believed in his own hype..

Comment

Bouncer, what do you think about the PDI or whatever it's going to be called? I agree that the IFBB is a gong show.

Comment

And hopefully when a new organization does arise bodybuilders will get the fucking financial compensation that they have long deserved......

Comment

there's an article in a recent issue of MD I think, or Flex, about Wayne DeMilia's new proposed bodybuilding organization.

So Bouncer, I'll concede the IFBB is a mess, but what do you have to say for the NPC? Do you see them as one and the same? If the IFBB folds, will the NPC go with it? 99% (or whatever it is) of us competitors aren't IFBB pros, and I guess I'd be a little concerned if "my" amateur organization is about to fold too

Comment

Originally posted by go Yankees
                there's an article in a recent issue of MD I think, or Flex, about Wayne DeMilia's new proposed bodybuilding organization.

So Bouncer, I'll concede the IFBB is a mess, but what do you have to say for the NPC? Do you see them as one and the same? If the IFBB folds, will the NPC go with it? 99% (or whatever it is) of us competitors aren't IFBB pros, and I guess I'd be a little concerned if "my" amateur organization is about to fold too

If a bunch of amateurs have to get a promoter and put on a show by themselves they will........

Think about it....All the f'in NPC does is take your money and send you a few issues of their mags.

You generally find out about local shows from local promoters and if it was a National Show without the NPC I'm sure word could get around.

As long as there are bodybuilders there will be bodybuilding competitions because of human nature's will to compete!

Comment

bring back the WBF :laughnew:

Comment

NPC and IFBB is one in the same. Same people in charge of both.

Comment

Originally posted by mindstar
                      Bouncer, what do you think about the PDI or whatever it's going to be called? I agree that the IFBB is a gong show.
                      Not sure bro. Dont really know much about it to be honest. Could you point me in the direction and any good reading about it?

thanks

Comment

Originally posted by Lmg2701
                        And hopefully when a new organization does arise bodybuilders will get the fucking financial compensation that they have long deserved......
                        not really what bodybuilding is all about to me. bodybuilding is doing it because of the love of it. bodybuilding was in a much better state in the 70's and 80's and they didnt make half of what the guys make today. same goes for all sports really, money has killed the passion in sports.

Comment

I was once an aspiring pro bodybuilder. What I realized after a few shows is that it's not a sport. It's like a beauty pageant. Pro bodybuilding is pretty much only interesting to 1. Amatuer bodybuilders 2. Gay men. Anybody who goes to the shows will agree with me. Then again, I might just be bitter cuz I had a bad experience with competing...

Comment

Originally posted by Control
                            I was once an aspiring pro bodybuilder. What I realized after a few shows is that it's not a sport. It's like a beauty pageant. Pro bodybuilding is pretty much only interesting to 1. Amatuer bodybuilders 2. Gay men. Anybody who goes to the shows will agree with me. Then again, I might just be bitter cuz I had a bad experience with competing...
                            I was in a National Qualifier show that had about 170 people (which is big for amateur from what I hear) and I have to agree. It was a really manly beauty pageant. I found the whole experience to be quite strange if I were looking at it from the outside in. However, I was committed to the entire process and actually ended up liking the competetive side of it so I plan on continuing for as long as I can stand it ;)...

Unfortunately, I hated the vanity (shaving, tanning, and primping etc).

Comment

Originally posted by fog_hat1981
                              I was in a National Qualifier show that had about 170 people (which is big for amateur from what I hear) and I have to agree. It was a really manly beauty pageant. I found the whole experience to be quite strange if I were looking at it from the outside in. However, I was committed to the entire process and actually ended up liking the competetive side of it so I plan on continuing for as long as I can stand it ;)...
                              And that's the key really...if the competition is what motivates you to work hard and stay focused, then it's worth it.

I agree with Bouncer, bring back the 70s and 80s. Guys back then made bodybuilding exciting because of their personalities and the fact that they actually looked good. Today's mass monsters are not nearly as appealing to the general public. And that's really why it's becoming less and less popular. Back then it wasn't all about being a bigger idiot or whose GH gut stuck out the farthest. Today it's retarded. It's not entertaining at all.

Comment

Working...
                              X