No announcement yet.

Here are the results of the New York Pro

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

I prefer watching amateur shows......Like most sporst, the lower down the professional ladder you go the more pure the sport seems.

And B as far as the money, I'm not saying that the bodybuilders are wanting more money, I'm saying with as much money as they make off of them they should be entitled to a bigger chunk. (Even more money for health affects and things of that sort) Because when you consider only the top 2% of bodybuilders makes enough to actually make a living and to become Pro that pretty much requires bodybuilding to be your "job".

Like I said, I'd rather watch amateurs or the biggest show being the NPC Nationals, of course you will see the GH guts in the heavier weight classes but there's always the light and middles and light-heavies to look at AND it's a lot more competitive and not just a bunch of monster bellies on stage against one another.
    Last edited by Lmg2701; 05-22-06, 10:50 AM.

Comment

agreed with everything said here.

Comment

Originally posted by Lmg2701
        Like I said, I'd rather watch amateurs or the biggest show being the NPC Nationals, of course you will see the GH guts in the heavier weight classes but there's always the light and middles and light-heavies to look at AND it's a lot more competitive and not just a bunch of monster bellies on stage against one another.
        I agree, I thoroughly enjoyed NPC Nats and Jr USA earlier this year. But at Nats, there's something about watching someone finally turn pro, after years and years of trying, it's like watching a dream come true for athletes

At the same time, I know it sounds odd to bring it up here, but the IFBB and NPC seem to have a winner in figure competitions -- every show I've been to that had figure had seemingly dozens of figure competitors in every height class. Sure, outside Sandy Ranalli no one understands the judging criteria, but the figure girls have turned a lot of attention towards these shows IMO

Comment

Originally posted by THE BOUNCER
          Not sure bro. Dont really know much about it to be honest. Could you point me in the direction and any good reading about it?

thanks
          Here is a bit...I've mostly heard the same message board rumours that always seem to float arround the net. They're bringing back the NOC though!

Comment

Pro Division Inc is proud to announce a series of Men's Professional Bodybuilding competitions/events that will commence in the fall of 2006.

This action is due to the overwhelming requests from fans and athletes to provide an alternative to Professional Bodybuilders and their fans worldwide. The Pro Division Inc schedule of competitions/events will be released in late February.

What Is Pro Division Inc?

Pro Division Inc is not a sport federation, but rather a corporation in the business of Bodybuilding entertainment. Our plan is to promote events by incorporating a high intensity of theatrical components; not only present the physique at it highest echelon but also to entertain the fans with veracity and excitement.

Pro Division Inc is not in competition with any other organization or federation. It is only to provide another avenue for the Bodybuilding athlete to compete on a professional level with different criteria and standards.

With the requests and comments from athletes received on a daily basis for the past year and a half, Pro Division Inc has been listening to the concerns of the competitors and will provide the following provisions requested by the athletes.

What Is Pro Division Offering?

In the series of competitions/events for 2006, Pro Division Inc will guarantee the following for athletes:

For each competition/event, a minimum of eight (8) athletes will receive full expenses.
            The expense money for athletes will be $75.US per night.
            Promoters will pay hotel costs for additional, if not all other competing athletes.
            The minimum prize money per show will be $30,000 US.
            The prize money will be raised every two years.
            The five year program of Pro Division Inc is to have by the 2010 season, a schedule of 25 professional competitions/events for men spanning the globe on every major continent. Pro Division Inc competitions/events are open to all pro athletes from any federation. For information on becoming a member of Pro Division Inc or being involved with any of our events, please contact us at [email protected].

In addition, in subsequent press releases, details will be provided on the new judging system, contest schedule, medical benefits, affiliated federations, web sites, amateur qualifying events, drug testing, etc.

Comment

Medical Benefits? Per Diem for competitors and so on and so on and so on..........

Bye Bye you IFBB cocksuckers.....

Just from a first glance stand point that sounds really solid!

Comment

yeah...if that's DeMilia's idea, I think I read about it in either MD or MuscleMag a little while back. The one thing I think it'll hinge on is whether or not it will get the top physiques. That is to say, will the top pros or top NPC amateurs, like, say, Garrett Alin and Jerome Ferguson (since I think they'll both turn pro this year) decide there's more for them in the PDI or continuing the path with the IFBB? MD seems to think that the fans are in it to see the freaks, like Ronnie and Markus Ruhl. While that may or may not be true, if Pro Division Inc. doesn't manage to have the appeal of the IFBB and/or NPC because of the level of the competition, I don't think it'll be a viable entity

Only time will tell, though; the IFBB/NPC does enjoy a huge market share

Comment

Ah yes, that is Wayne Demilia's new federation correct? I hope it comes to light. The Mr.O was so much better when he ran it.

The year he left is the year they came out with the "Challange Round". WHat a piece of garbage that it.

Comment

here's an idea I saw floated around, for how to save the Olympia, what do you think about it?

-- have weight classes, one for the little guys like David Henry, one for the mass monsters like Ronnie and Markus Ruhl, and one for everyone else in the "middle range" And, of course, increase the prize money, still give an overall prize, but above all, move the competition out of the disgusting venue all the way across town from the host hotel

I'll see if I can find the other fixes I've read

Comment

There use to be two weight classes in Arnie's day. I don't know why that was eliminated....

Comment

Originally posted by go Yankees
                        here's an idea I saw floated around, for how to save the Olympia, what do you think about it?

-- have weight classes, one for the little guys like David Henry, one for the mass monsters like Ronnie and Markus Ruhl, and one for everyone else in the "middle range" And, of course, increase the prize money, still give an overall prize, but above all, move the competition out of the disgusting venue all the way across town from the host hotel

I'll see if I can find the other fixes I've read
                        that is what they did in the Golden Age of bodybuilding. im not sure why they got rid of that myself. i will have to do some research..

Comment

http://www.bodybuilding2006.com/

Comment

thank you, that's exactly the article I read

Comment

I agree, thats why I don't compete since junior u 21's its too much for too little IMO

and like donoughts LOL

Comment

Originally posted by Mr incredible

and like donoughts LOL
                                :laughnew:

Comment

Working...
                                X