No announcement yet.

Making your own home gym

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Yea 10 grand will build you a nice gym. One of the other things you have to consider is the wt of the equipment itself. That is a very nice piece but there are 8 wt stacks on that piece in 2 concentrated locations. So you’re going to have about 2000 pounds on each set of stacks in a very concentrated area. For just for the 1 piece of equipment it will have to be mounted on decent slab of concrete. You could never set it up on asphalt or a second story level. There is also ceiling height issues on gym quality equipment. Now don’t get me wrong that is the ultimate in gym equipment if you have a facility to do that. Home gym equipment is designed to fit and be user friendly in the average home and there is much to be said for that. Good planning is the key because as much as you need equipment you also need free floor space to work in.

Comment

look for your free weights on ebay. they are usually dirt cheap and if you are close to the shipper you can just pick them up.

Comment

what about a wooden platform with rubber pads, for cleans and deadlifts? I've always liked those (and never seen them anywhere), not sure how much Olympic lifting you do, though

Comment

I would plan on putting this in a big shop area where one day the boat/camper and such will be. I plan on either having a seperate cut off space in the shop with a room built around it and all padded or just sectioning off a piece of the shop and lay down the padded mats.

If you guys ever come to Lafayette Louisiana do yourselves a favor and stop at Red Lerille's Health and Fitness........I would compare it to any health club in the country.

They do have that particular set up in 2 or 3 or the different weight rooms on the 2nd floor (not to mention the first floor but that's way to much to explain).

And they have a section cut off that is all wooden floors with rubber weights and different pads and such for olympic style lifting. This place is a bodybuilders dream.

Comment

Working...
          X