No announcement yet.

finished pool.

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

looks sweet man...... bet you will have lots of fun and BBQ's out there... enjoy!

Comment

Originally posted by Chadd77
      Damn bro that is sweet. So when are you inviting the SM family over for a swim??
      that would be funny all you musle heads in my back yard! my neighbors already lock the doors when they see me commin imagine what they would think after all you came by.

Comment

Fantastic pool and I love the cave idea!

Did you do any of the work yourself?

Comment

Originally posted by Puddles
          Fantastic pool and I love the cave idea!

Did you do any of the work yourself?
          i did the whole thing myself as far as contracting. actual work just the rebar in the retaining wall. i could of did the rebar in the pool but i was a lil scared cuzz i never did or seen it done before but after watching i could of no problem.

im just now starting a pool for a freind of mine and i will probably do the rebar in his. if it works out i might start a lil side biz building pools. i can easly kill the price of a normal pool company.

Comment

How do you go about finding/hiring contractors to do that kind of work? I have ideas and can design things in a very basic way but I don't want to pay a fortune to someone else to put it together just for being a middle man.

Comment

Originally posted by Puddles
              How do you go about finding/hiring contractors to do that kind of work? I have ideas and can design things in a very basic way but I don't want to pay a fortune to someone else to put it together just for being a middle man.
              i agree the pool company makes a lot of money just to play middle man. some of the bigger companys have alota in house but mostly just middle man.

if you wanna find contractors just do your research like if it were steroids. i looked up different companys and called and talked to them asked if they new about other companys i talked to and felt everyone out.

digging the whole was first and easyest so while they were digging i asked hey who does rebar for pools. and so on. the guy that did my rocks is into working out and such so we talked alot and now i have all his contacts. so it will be easy for me now.

Comment

FUCKING awesome pool bro... for those who want to do the same:
                when it comes to pools there's a huge liability issue, even if its your own. i've seen pictures of people who were trapped by intake drains and if the proper precautions aren't taken it can be a disaster. one of the pictures i've seen recently showed a child who survived, but had flesh removed from the chest & stomach by the force of the intake and some nasty scars to show for it. there are a lot of fundamentals that the layperson wouldn't take into account, including backup recirculating valves, diaphragm valves that take over when enough suction isn't occuring, or simple sensors that shut down the equipment when things aren't working according to how they should... then you have water chemistry to deal with.
                that said, most plans have to be approved by engineers, etc. if you can read a blueprint and can build accordingly, go for it. but don't deviate... and if you have questions ask someone who knows what they're doing. in the pool mechanical businesses there are often repeated stories of firefighters who've died in the past due to unforeseen circumstances, and that many of the precautions now taken (inactivity alarms, thermal sensors, in/out boards) are a result of those fallen 'soldiers.' the same goes for pools in that there's a lot to be learned from the past, and a lot that can go wrong real quick.
                if you have approved designs, save yourself some mental headache and let the mechanicals be done by pros. if you know how to lay concrete and rebar, do that part yourself. and lastly, while it's not of a risk-management concern, let a pro do the plaster, there's too much that can go wrong with a huge price tag in that area. this area is somewhat in my 'expertise.' the landscaping and much of the surrounding rockwork can be done on your own at a considerable discount. choose your discounts wisely though!
                rocket: very wise in saying "if you wanna find contractors just do your research..." there are many companies that will do the individual pieces at a price that is considerably lower than if you were to have one company arrange sub-contracters, etc. as always, if you want to save some money, make sure you know what you're getting into and are involved actively. personally, i love to watch contracters at my place and see what they're doing and learning from it. it's less i have to pay in the future if i can do it myself!

Comment

Originally posted by hlcn8
                  FUCKING awesome pool bro... for those who want to do the same:
                  when it comes to pools there's a huge liability issue, even if its your own. i've seen pictures of people who were trapped by intake drains and if the proper precautions aren't taken it can be a disaster. one of the pictures i've seen recently showed a child who survived, but had flesh removed from the chest & stomach by the force of the intake and some nasty scars to show for it. there are a lot of fundamentals that the layperson wouldn't take into account, including backup recirculating valves, diaphragm valves that take over when enough suction isn't occuring, or simple sensors that shut down the equipment when things aren't working according to how they should... then you have water chemistry to deal with.
                  that said, most plans have to be approved by engineers, etc. if you can read a blueprint and can build accordingly, go for it. but don't deviate... and if you have questions ask someone who knows what they're doing. in the pool mechanical businesses there are often repeated stories of firefighters who've died in the past due to unforeseen circumstances, and that many of the precautions now taken (inactivity alarms, thermal sensors, in/out boards) are a result of those fallen 'soldiers.' the same goes for pools in that there's a lot to be learned from the past, and a lot that can go wrong real quick.
                  if you have approved designs, save yourself some mental headache and let the mechanicals be done by pros. if you know how to lay concrete and rebar, do that part yourself. and lastly, while it's not of a risk-management concern, let a pro do the plaster, there's too much that can go wrong with a huge price tag in that area. this area is somewhat in my 'expertise.' the landscaping and much of the surrounding rockwork can be done on your own at a considerable discount. choose your discounts wisely though!
                  rocket: very wise in saying "if you wanna find contractors just do your research..." there are many companies that will do the individual pieces at a price that is considerably lower than if you were to have one company arrange sub-contracters, etc. as always, if you want to save some money, make sure you know what you're getting into and are involved actively. personally, i love to watch contracters at my place and see what they're doing and learning from it. it's less i have to pay in the future if i can do it myself!
                  the way im set up now is the same people that a pool company uses to build your pool is the same guys i use. but at a huge discount especialy with cash. i would never try to plaster a pool myself that is crazy but i will hire the pool companys guys at a discount of coarse.

Comment

That pool is tight. Seriously it is one of the nicest pools i've seen in someones back yard. Way to go, and good luck with your business, if you are looking for ideas on how to sell all you'll need is a picture of your pool.

Comment

Working...
                    X