No announcement yet.

Lady in the Water

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

I like shyamalan, his movies are always different. In a time when movies are all the same, he challenges and goes in wierd directions. People are always going to dislike a new thinker but I think he rocks.

Comment

Originally posted by ect0m0rph
      I like shyamalan, his movies are always different. In a time when movies are all the same, he challenges and goes in wierd directions. People are always going to dislike a new thinker but I think he rocks.
      Its fine to be different if your movies are good. Problem is, his movies are different and they suck at the same time..

Comment

I watched the movie a while back at the theatre. The last two movies of his that I've seen, The Village, and this one have not been that great. In "The Village", how in modern times could those people never not see something that would make them question the time that they live in. I.E.... Jets flying over.. Helicopters... Small aircraft... ?? The movies are interesting, but I'm with Bouncer, they suck as far as the story lines go. The Lady in the Water, the acting was good, but the story line sucks. They never do elaborate on her "world" other than what the asian girl's mother tells them. All of the people standing for something?? And for all of this to take place at a motel... I didn't fall asleep, but I wouldn't watch it again. The only reason I went was because the girl I was with thought it would be scary.

Knoxxx

Comment

Originally posted by Knoxville
          In "The Village", how in modern times could those people never not see something that would make them question the time that they live in. I.E.... Jets flying over.. Helicopters... Small aircraft... ??
          The exact same way people in the past would explain things that they didn't understand at the time (or more relevant to this case - understood but chose to mislead) - honestly, how hard is it to convince someone of something when they have absolutely NO way of ever knowing the difference...

Comment

I agree when you control meaning you control the masses. The leaders controlled every aspect they could have turned the helicopter into god, or whatever and they wanted and the people would have accepted it.

Comment

Working...
            X