Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by meat12
    The Broker, was definately a fun read.

Yeah "Color of the Law" is pretty slow at the begining, half way threw it I was unsure because of how much time he spends on character development but it really gets going towards the end and I liked it.

I must of missed the fun in The Broke. It started out good, then went through a 70 page snooze fest and then tried to end the book with the 20 remaining pages.

Comment

ooh, i read so many books. where do i start. i read so many books that i cant think of a single one. :P

Comment

Originally posted by THE BOUNCER
        ooh, i read so many books. where do i start.
        Same here...
        "Clara Cow Catches a Cold"
        "Debra The Dozy Duckling"
        "Cat in The Hat"
        "Potty Play Time"...

All short stories too.

Comment

Originally posted by redsquirrel
          FB- Devil Wears Prada & Everyone Worth Knowing are the BEST!!! REALLY good chick books. Can you give me a little more background to James Patterson's story lines?

I'm about to order some books through a book club - I'll see if they have any of her books. :)

James Patterson -- He has several different kinds of books.

The Women's Murder Club -- there are currently 5 books in this series, and they are all good. You have to like murder/mystery books of course, but NONE of his books are gory, too detailed about the crime, or anything like that.
          1st to Die
          2nd Chance
          3rd Degree
          4th of July
          The 5th Horseman

He also has a couple of love story type books -- Suzanne's Diary for Nicholas and Sam's Letters to Jennifer. Those are pretty short, easy reads, but not bad.

I don't know if you saw Kiss the Girls, or Jack & Jill, but those were based on his books. He has many books that feature the same character. So along with the main story, you learn different things about him, his family, etc. He's a police detective at the start, then he eventually works for the FBI.

I've never read a "bad" book by James Patterson - he's my favorite author.

Comment

I just read "Cell" by Stephen King. It was pretty good. It's about what happens when a signal gets transmitted via cell phones starting simultaneously throughout the world. People lose their minds. Chaos ensues. It makes you really think about how dependent upon technology (like cell phones) we have become- also how vulnerable. If you liked The Stand, you will like his book, although it is not nearly as unwieldy as the former. As usual, King employs excellent character development and you really get to identify with his cadre in this book. I read it in only 3 days and really enjoyed it. Maybe you will too.

Comment

I am reading angels and it is great. Very addicting.

Comment

RS if you liked the DaVinci Code I'd recommen his book Angels and Demons, even better. IMO

Comment

The Stand, one of my all time favorites

Comment

Originally posted by trip
                    The Stand, one of my all time favorites

Me too, Trip. However, I did NOT finish that one in three days, lol. You would like Cell, I'd bet.

Comment

Originally posted by Primal Instinct
                      Me too, Trip. However, I did NOT finish that one in three days, lol. You would like Cell, I'd bet.
                      What was The Stand about?

Comment

the stand, is basically same as the cell, it starts with how a virus that kills you in 48 hours spreads round the world, and only a few people across the country are left alive, and it's each persons/group treck to connect with others

and there's some bad thing that tries to kill the ones left

Comment

Originally posted by XmotorX
                          RS if you liked the DaVinci Code I'd recommen his book Angels and Demons, even better. IMO

I tried reading Angels & Demons, and put it down. I just couldn't get into it. :)

Comment

Working...
                          X