I have been gone for awhile...

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• I have been gone for awhile...

I dont beleave any of you missed me but havent been around for a few months. Just figured i would drop in and say hey. Today i have got to go to a surgeon because i had an abscess in my leg that they had to lance open. It is almost 2in round and 4in deep. They said if they cant stop the infection they would have to take the leg so im not really in high spirits right now. I havent been in the gym in probally 8 months and now this happens. Really sucks. Anyways, i hope the rest of you are doing better than I, and i will be on more now that i cant work, more less walk. I quess all i can do is just be thankful that i am still here tho.

Damn Bro...so sorry to hear about the leg. Keep your head up and think good thoughts about the visit to the doc. I will keep you in my prayers. Keep us updated.

Any idea what caused the infection?

Comment

good luck with that dude, any clues how it came about?

Comment

from injection or no?

sorry to hear it bro. hope everything works out.

Comment

I was just wondering about you and your counterpart.....

Sorry to hear your leg - hope all goes well...

Welcome back :)

Comment

welcome back

Comment

Umm, they said that it probally started from a hair follicle. After that localized staph infected the area. I had a small bump on my leg on friday. Saturday when i woke up it hurt like hell and had redness around 8 inch in diameter around the bump. I just thought that it was an ingrown hair so i waited till sunday to go to the doc. By then it had swollen up to the size of a tennis ball. They lanced it open and clear fluid burst out. I have to go to the surgeon in 15 mins to see if they can fix it or have to amp. teh leg.

Comment

To let you know how big the hole is, they have it packed with a sterile wrap that is almost 5ft long and an inch wide. Well, off to c the doc. Later guys

Comment

I have never heard of a hair follicle turn into an infection and go from a small bump on friday to a baseball sized lump on sunday. staph infections can be dangerous but to do what it did seems odd. when is the last time you injected anything into that area?

Comment

Damn, that's some scarey stuff. Hopefully it's one of those, prepare you for the worst - safe to hope for the best, kind of situations.

Comment

I have never injected into that area. I havent been in the gym in almost 8 months so all that is not even in the picture Bro.

I went to the doc earlier and she cleared me from surgery and said that she had never seen anyone recover that fast in that time. I still have a hole in my leg but they said that it has gotten smaller since yesterday so if it continues to do that i should be fine. They just have to watch it and make sure that the infection doesnt return.

Comment

Originally posted by FitnessBrat
                        I was just wondering about you and your counterpart.....

Sorry to hear your leg - hope all goes well...

Welcome back :)
                        There is no more counterpart on this side. Its a long story

Comment

Originally posted by TripleXx
                          I have never injected into that area. I havent been in the gym in almost 8 months so all that is not even in the picture Bro.

I went to the doc earlier and she cleared me from surgery and said that she had never seen anyone recover that fast in that time. I still have a hole in my leg but they said that it has gotten smaller since yesterday so if it continues to do that i should be fine. They just have to watch it and make sure that the infection doesnt return.
                          :bravonew: Glad to hear that Bro.

Comment

Damm, I was reading about staph in M&F, apparently most people carry it in their nose

Comment

Originally posted by Mr incredible
                              Damm, I was reading about staph in M&F, apparently most people carry it in their nose
                              Yeah, I still dont have my lab results yet that says it was staph but they give you this stuff called Mupirocin that you swab in your nose to kill the staph.

Comment

Working...
                              X