Remember this...???

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by NewbieChris View Post
    No one was asking for you to satisfy some need you have to prove yourself, just trying to prove a point. Oooh, you've worked since you were 11, for your father. Good for you, do you want a cookie? I could care less, to be honest, just how you make a living. It doesn't matter.

The entire point was that your post does NOT illustrate an understanding for the complexities of social programs and how they are abused. You were bitching that someone on food stamps may or may not eat better than a lot of hard working people. Okay, that is an abuse, but it is not the "best" 'example' to say someone is buying good food to feed themselves, rather than booze or cigs or drugs. The entire point of my original post was that you were NOT recognizing the benefits of the system and ways to fix it. Now, I'm sure that fuck head Rado will say I'm the only one complaining, but what the malnutritioned fetus doesn't understand is that working to fix the system, within the system isn't easy. And doing it outside the system isn't something you broadcast.

That being said, I should apologize, I responded to your post because it stuck out as extraordinarily hypocritical. I'm sorry. You can have your lap dog relax now. :whistle
    i guess i have no choice but to accept your apology. no, i didn't suggest ways to create a fix to this messed up system mainly because i think for every fix, there will be a way to get around it. yes, there are benefits but i see that the people that truly need them are getting undercut and the people that are doing too well aren't giving any up.

there are people that i see that are sometimes making a "profit" off of this government aide. that's what gets me. and the fact that they go ahead and tell another person how to get those benefits by lying and manipulating the system. it's not like the people administering these funds are helping either. when doing a "case study" on people that need benefits they take only a few aspects into consideration. for example, to have your government aide request papers to get through the first round of qualifications, you have do declare something that stands out, whether it be number of kids, sickness or age. after that, it goes into a sort of interview session. here, people can put on an oscar-winning performance (similar to custody battles). it's here that the aide is approved or declined. even after reapplying and getting doctor's notes, some people that do need the aide may not get enough to help them get by or even get any at all. even after all this, it only covers one aspect of the welfare system. one person at any given time can get up to 4 checks (child support/ WIC, food stamps, disability, unemployment, all separate from free health care). and on top of that they can get subsidized housing in just about 90% of any housing association, if requested. the only fix that i could see here that would work would be a limit on how many checks you can receive and place a cap on how many kids you can claim under one roof. but i have no faith in most fixes on the welfare system at all. like i said, with every fix comes a way to get around it.

and i don't have a lap dog to defend me. he's a grown man.

ironically, i saw this bumper sticker on my way home today. made me chuckle.
    Attached Files

Comment

I am not a lap dog damn it

Comment

Working...
      X