Motorola Droid

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by Timma View Post
    You guys and your gay lame nokias. DBJ doesn't get out much does she? I have yet to see a phone that's as much a POS as a nokia. :)
    phones are simply a preference. i've had many phones over the years and nokias have simply been the best for me.

i've seen a few phones i'd get instead of a nokia and very few of them have been good enough to buy.

Comment

Google has their new phone comming out and its unlocked that should be pretty good?

Comment

I have a G1 android, sounds similar with slide down keyboard etc

Comment

i never got the appeal of these special phones. i want my phone to be able to make calls and text. thats it. who the fuck cares about aps and all that fruity shit.

Comment

Originally posted by Timma View Post
            You guys and your gay lame nokias. DBJ doesn't get out much does she? I have yet to see a phone that's as much a POS as a nokia. :)
            Don't hate, we both rock Nokia E71's. Not that gay E71x from AT&T. I mean the real shit from Finland unlocked and ready to go :)

Its a great phone, no flaw with it at all.

Originally posted by blm View Post
            Bulky and heavy...this coming from the guy with a Nokia wannabe Blackberry brick, lol
            Better than any blackberry out there :-)

Go research the Nokia E71

Originally posted by THE BOUNCER View Post
            i never got the appeal of these special phones. i want my phone to be able to make calls and text. thats it. who the fuck cares about aps and all that fruity shit.
            Its all about preference, I would like to check my email through my phone, get up to date info with my classes. Download power points if i have to, Word documents, etc...

Maybe I am bored in class and want to watch Youtube, and listen to songs while walking to class or in between classes.

What if I need to get directions somewhere, i pull out the map. What if I need internet usage, but I have no 3G connection; WIFI comes in handy.

And yes Bouncer, my phone can make calls and send texts. In the future, once AT&T gets 4G, I will be able to make video calls to to people using my camera in the front :)

Comment

Originally posted by dna9488 View Post
              Better than any blackberry out there :-)

my phone can make calls and send texts. In the future, once AT&T gets 4G,

Blackberry is crap too.

Verizon's LTE network will be the next big thing in wireless.

Comment

Originally posted by THE BOUNCER View Post
                There are some things that actually can be helpful/useful in your life. One of the key selling features to Magda and I both getting blackberry's is the google calendar sync. Anytime either of us put stuff on our calenders is will show on the others. Helps a lot when trying to plan all the individual stuff and kids stuff.

Comment

Originally posted by ROCKETW19 View Post
                  Google has their new phone comming out and its unlocked that should be pretty good?
                  The word is it will cost anywhere from $400 to $1,000 because they aren't contracting with any service provider and you will only need a minute plan. No text or data plans.

Comment

I wasn't all that impressed with the Motorala Droid. The Software is great, but that keyboard was TERRIBLE! I couldn't stand it.

Comment

Originally posted by ROCKETW19 View Post

well, if you buy it directly from the manufacturer, it will be mid-ranged. however you could buy it from third-party dealers (newegg.com or people who are wholesalers if you know any) and you could get it for a lot cheaper.

in terms of the phone itself, if google is making them unlocked from the get-go (and not private dealers inputting an unlock code on branded phones) it should be better. no bloatware (like T-Mobile links/software and ringtones and such) and you will be able to customize it a lot more. and you will probably get a 1-year warranty through the manufacturer, not the service provider. you might also get extra goodies too, including a headset and data cable, but that might just be for international phones like samsungs and nokias.

Comment

Motorola? Damn I never noticed it was made by motorola. They were once the kings of cell phones, and then started producing shit years ago.

Comment

Originally posted by Turbo3000 View Post
                          Motorola? Damn I never noticed it was made by motorola. They were once the kings of cell phones, and then started producing shit years ago.
                          Yeah they really fell apart. This is their attempt to become relevant again. It's a good iPhone alternative, but it still does not have the sensitivity and response like the iPhone.

iPhone and LTE :thumup:

Comment

Working...
                          X