Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

US Navy Issues warning to Iran - "will not tolerate disruption to oil-trade route"

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by THE BOUNCER View Post
    Mr.I we have a show here on Science Channel called Prophets of Science fiction. basically they are 1 hour long episodes about the top directors and writers of all the great science fiction movies, books, and films of the past. they talk about the same thing we are now. scifi stories from the past that are now actual fact.

check it out. Prophets of Science Fiction : Science Channel
    Good stuff, interestingly I clicked on the link and it took me to the website and before the vid started running it threw up a furniture advert for a UK store, like it knew the site was being viewed by a Brit? clever shit.

Anyway looks good, talking about war of the worlds wrote by HG wells. 100 years later we now have militart lasers as powerful as the heat rays in WOTW!

Comment

Originally posted by Mr incredible View Post
      the vid started running it threw up a furniture advert for a UK store, like it knew the site was being viewed by a Brit? clever shit.
      lmao that you would bring that up in a thread talking about current and future tech.

its called targeted advertising and has been around for years dipshit. website knows where your ip is coming from and targets the add towards you.

Comment

Originally posted by Mr incredible View Post

Anyway looks good, talking about war of the worlds wrote by HG wells. 100 years later we now have militart lasers as powerful as the heat rays in WOTW!
        2001 a space Odyssey is viewed as getting more shit right than any other.

came out in the 1960's at a time when computers were about as powerful as a modern calculater and yet the Hal 9000 is incredibly similar to todays IBM Watson Computer. hell if you watch the movie, all the little tv screens on the consoles etc are all in 16:9 ratio just like todays HDTV's.

Comment

Working...
        X