No announcement yet.

And the hits keep on comming.....

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Hell then this is a blessing in disguise. She will be forced to reclass and she can pick an actual mos that translates to something marketable in the real world.

Comment

Originally posted by blm View Post
      Hell then this is a blessing in disguise. She will be forced to reclass and she can pick an actual mos that translates to something marketable in the real world.
      No I think it will be filled on "needs of the Army"..I hope she has a choice...time will tell.

Comment

Even if it's something administrative by "needs of the army" it would be better than chute rigger. That amounts to nothing in the real world. Best of luck to her.

Comment

She picked that for 3 years of "Adventure" and getting out with the collage money.

Comment

Originally posted by lipripper
            She picked that for 3 years of "Adventure" and getting out with the collage money.
            I understand that but I don't agree with that thought process. The economy is too bad and flooded with competition to waste 3 years of high level training and education on an adventure. Obviously this my opinion and not my decision to make but I just think it's selling herself short.

Comment

If I were to go into the military, I'd probably try to get a combat medic or some such MOS so that I have readily usable real-world skills that I can parlay into a high level career in nursing, medicine, etc.

Comment

I agree with that...heres the other factor your not thinking of and I did as a dad with 20 years of Army experiance. We are in a time of war. With that MOS she had a very little chance of being deployed in country except on a large airbase which as you know would be a very secure area. BIG factor from dads point of view..... not to mention SHE wanted to go airborne... so with those two things in mind, that was the decision process. NOT worth the risk in a time of war for a couple years experiance on any trade if its my kid.

Comment

There are two fields shes intrested in...Nursing and criminal law. Both of those areas would have been a large chance of being deployed out with the fighting forces.

Thats whats shes got to decide..which one to start working on during her 3years in the Army at night school....

Comment

Nursing in a heartbeat, if she has the stomach/interest for it of course. With an aging population, there will be a very high demand for it. Plus, it is totally portable. City/country, north/south, east coast/west coast, does not matter. She can pretty mich choose where she wants to live and be employable.

Comment

Originally posted by Scrumhalf View Post
                      Nursing in a heartbeat, if she has the stomach/interest for it of course. With an aging population, there will be a very high demand for it. Plus, it is totally portable. City/country, north/south, east coast/west coast, does not matter. She can pretty mich choose where she wants to live and be employable.
                      I agree 100% and we have talked about that. She wants to do one of the two. by law shes talking about Federal Marshals, FBI, DEA something like that. I would prefer her to go the nursing route myself....:thumup:

Comment

Her decision of course, but as a line of work, there's no comparison in my opinion. In one, you regularly encounter the scum of the earth and in the other, you get to make a difference in people's lives.

Comment

I agree Scrum I totaly agree.... problem with my Girl...is she likes the "adventure and action" shit like her ol man...LOL

Comment

Originally posted by Scrumhalf View Post
                            Her decision of course, but as a line of work, there's no comparison in my opinion. In one, you regularly encounter the scum of the earth and in the other, you get to make a difference in people's lives.
                            Hmm. You will encounter plenty scum of the earth in healthcare.

Comment

Originally posted by Turbo3000 View Post
                              Hmm. You will encounter plenty scum of the earth in healthcare.
                              :rofl: the man has a point:thumup:

Comment

Working...
                              X