No announcement yet.

went trap shooting.

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

I suggest a remington model 870 express for a good shotgun that is inexpensive. The 870 is a pump and I believe it comes standard with a 30" barrel. (I have 1, but cut the barrel down to 18" for home protection).

Comment

Originally posted by mofo View Post
      and i'm addicted. i went trap shooting and i was the only girl at the range. of course i had that added pressure as well as being a newbie but i shut up the boys really quickly. i hit 10/25 targets. there was an old venezuelan man who said "were you pretending that was your boyfriend?"

all-in-all, i think i have a new hobby. i've been looking into getting a gun for myself. i was shooting a 12ga remington (at least from what i recall) i got a lot of pointers from some professionals at the range.

any suggestions in terms of brands? barrel length? i'm not trying to spend too much money, just something that will be a good stepping stone until i can move forward (and spend more money).
      look into benelli they make nice guns .. if you really get into it .. look for a good over/under..they get expensive but can be custom made to fit the shooter

Comment

http://www.herosarms.com/skeet_guns.htm

these are nice ones but not cheap

Comment

http://www.herosarms.com/skeet_guns.htm

these are nice ones but not cheap

Comment

benelli vinci or benelli super sport are nice

Comment

Originally posted by blm View Post
              I understand. Maybe bouncer will let you hold the controller for player one, lol
              your starting to cross the fucking line. :thumup:

Comment

Thanks for the tips guys! I was told to get a Remington. The boy said he would customize it for me. I'm getting it painted bright pink. :P

Comment

We shoot all the time me and my Dad I have a 20g Mossberg bolt action you need a cemi or pump...

Comment

Mofo, something to consider ...if you get an auto verses a pump it will reduce a lot more of the felt recoil on your shoulder. Also, make sure you take the stock legnth of the gun into consideration..... heres why. If you get a gun thats say a 1/2 in short on the proper stock length you can then add a recoil pad and make up for the shorter stock and that will help reduce felt recoil as well. Once you get used to shooting properly and get your shooting form down..you wont be getting as banged up.

There are also shooting vests and or shirts you can buy that have a small amount of pading built right into the garment that will help. Trap and Skeet shooting is fun and can become addictive...next thing you know you'l be out on a dove duck or phesant hunt!!! Then you will really see the challange of fast flying targets... Glad your enjoying the shooting sports... lot of fun!!

Comment

Originally posted by lipripper View Post
                      Mofo, something to consider ...if you get an auto verses a pump it will reduce a lot more of the felt recoil on your shoulder. Also, make sure you take the stock legnth of the gun into consideration..... heres why. If you get a gun thats say a 1/2 in short on the proper stock length you can then add a recoil pad and make up for the shorter stock and that will help reduce felt recoil as well. Once you get used to shooting properly and get your shooting form down..you wont be getting as banged up.

There are also shooting vests and or shirts you can buy that have a small amount of pading built right into the garment that will help. Trap and Skeet shooting is fun and can become addictive...next thing you know you'l be out on a dove duck or phesant hunt!!! Then you will really see the challange of fast flying targets... Glad your enjoying the shooting sports... lot of fun!!
                      thanks lipripper! i am definitely going to take that into consideration. the bruise looks like he punched the crap out of me in the same spot repeatedly. so the recoil pad is a must.

and i am definitely going to be making this a new hobby.

Comment

Originally posted by mofo View Post
                        i am definitely going to be making this a new hobby.
                        very cool...enjoy girl. My daughter sabrina loves it as well and makes some of the guys look bad out there. She just shoots her 20 gauge and does well and it don't beat her up even after a few rounds. Ya really don't need the 12 But if ya like it go for it!!!...:thumup:

sabrina in action a couple years ago...

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=eahvo...lcp&playnext=1

Comment

Working...
                        X