What should I do

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• What should I do

So get my kid the other day for some spring break time she is here with me now. I bought her a smart phone a few months ago thinking I made a mistake. We go to store she playing with her phone and I hear some rap music and a lot of cussing I'm like what you listening to? I take the phone she is on youtube watching some video with the lyrics every other word fuck bitch and nigga. I'm like have you lost your mind you don't listen to this? Does your momma let you listen to this? She just looks at me says ya well you listen to eminem sometimes and he been rapping since the 1980's<:rofl: I told her don't listen to that or I'll take your phone. She says ok...whatever ya right like i'm stupid. I moniter everything she does she has fb and I know her password she rarely gets on there. I got her a phone thats a different story i'm not always around. Shit like this worries me so many kids now a days get caught up and throw their lifes away. Sometimes idk what to do...

its music with curse words, big fucken deal. kids will be kids.

Comment

Just educate her that just because someone find it with a nice voice don't make it right, whether it's a black person singing it our not, nigga is a really bad degrading word and it's wrong for a kid to accept it in normal language

Comment

NEVER think you're being "too nosy" or invading privacy. You have to know what is going on with your children. I don't know how old your daughter is, but I have a 15 year old girl. She's a great, great kid, but I have already dealt with the "fake" Facebook profile, talking to people through chat/phone that she shouldn't be, etc. I'm not a sensor crazy mom. I don't worry myself with what they see/hear too much. But making sure you know what is going on is a MUST .

Comment

Originally posted by FitnessBrat View Post
          NEVER think you're being "too nosy" or invading privacy. You have to know what is going on with your children. I don't know how old your daughter is, but I have a 15 year old girl. She's a great, great kid, but I have already dealt with the "fake" Facebook profile, talking to people through chat/phone that she shouldn't be, etc. I'm not a sensor crazy mom. I don't worry myself with what they see/hear too much. But making sure you know what is going on is a MUST .
          She is 10 and I am truly worried about her.

Comment

I hear this a lot! My daughter will be 13 and I never check anything of hers. She even has one of those security things where you have to know the pattern to unlock her phone. I guess I better stop being so trusting.

Comment

Originally posted by dago View Post
              She is 10 and I am truly worried about her.

Worried in general? Worried she's up to something? What are you worried about?

Comment

Originally posted by FrankTheTank55 View Post
                I hear this a lot! My daughter will be 13 and I never check anything of hers. She even has one of those security things where you have to know the pattern to unlock her phone. I guess I better stop being so trusting.

Uh uh. I say absolutely not on the phone password. People who have nothing to hide, hide nothing. I'm telling you Frank, I learned the hard way. My daughter was literally an angel, and I trusted her 100%. But she is a child after all, and she is going to make mistakes. It is your job to look out for her, regardless of if she sees it that way. Get involved now.

Comment

kids will be kids no matter what you do. dont you guys remember being kids?

the more strict and untrusting the more they will rebel later. let the kids be kids and teach em to be good people.

who gives a shit if they have some fake facetube youbook bullshit.

Comment

Originally posted by THE BOUNCER View Post
                    kids will be kids no matter what you do. dont you guys remember being kids?

the more strict and untrusting the more they will rebel later. let the kids be kids and teach em to be good people.

Disagree.

Comment

Disagree.
                      just wait. daughter will be slingen crack in orlando by the time she is 18. :clapback:

Comment

Rocket knows whats going on I just haven't said anything on here. I have court this week over her I hired an Attorney spent a shit load of cash trying to get full custody of her instead of joint custody as it stands. Her mother has developed a horrible substance abuse problem with alcohol. Her grades have dropped. School reports say she day dreams a lot can't stay focused she was straight A-B student. Says she worries about her mother a lot. Now she is listening to rap music which I like rap but the line between entertainment and being reality with kids gets blurred easily and I know this stuff has a lot of influence on kids it did me when i was young. She started throwing up south end gang signs the other day I bout fell over

Comment

just wait. daughter will be slingen crack in orlando by the time she is 18. :clapback:
                          Not funny :noo:

Comment

I trust my daughter, and she knows that. We have a very good relationship. She made some mistakes, she knows it. It's over. It's still my job to look after her, though. You don't know what's good for you necessarily, at 15.

Despite said mistakes, she's brilliant. Not a chance in hell of that happening :)

Comment

I give a shit when some 40 year old creep is on the other end trying to talk to my kid. You ever watch that shit on tv where they pose as little girls and boys online and dudes drive for hrs away to meet little kids they think are home alone. Fucked up shit B

Comment

Working...
                              X