Downside of an older house..

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by THE BOUNCER
    well we been here a month and no real issues yet. just a couple mise in the closet and attic.

house has a brand new roof, windows and new siding, so no issues with water or heat escaping, drafts etc..

it was built in the late 50's so its not exactly old like some 150 year old house or something.
    50-60 years is old. It really comes down to how well previous owner(s) maintained it and how proactive you are. Little things left unresolved turn into much bigger things faster with an old infrastructure.

Comment

Originally posted by blm View Post
      50-60 years is old. It really comes down to how well previous owner(s) maintained it and how proactive you are. Little things left unresolved turn into much bigger things faster with an old infrastructure.
      yea i hear ya.

we had a home inspector out to look at the structure, foundation, etc.. etc.. he said everything looks pretty good especially with the new roof.

plus the fact that we are basically redoing the whole inside 1 room at a time.

hell the mice and spiders are a big enough problem to me! :D

Comment

Originally posted by THE BOUNCER View Post

hell the mice and spiders are a big enough problem to me! :D
        Moved from dirty Jersey to rat infested Chicago.:rofl:
        You need to move to beautiful clean rat free cali brah.:thumup::thumup:

Comment

I have a mole that is destroying my back yard. The sod was just replaced before we bought the property and that little fucker and probably all of his blind family have turned it into a mine field.

Comment

I have a mole that is destroying my back yard. The sod was just replaced before we bought the property and that little fucker and probably all of his blind family have turned it into a mine field.
            when we moved it we had the same thing and he fucked up a corner of the yard. but haven't seen any more traces of him since we got here. hope it stays that way.

i do enjoy cutting the lawn though. like a therapy or something.

Comment

when we moved it we had the same thing and he fucked up a corner of the yard. but haven't seen any more traces of him since we got here. hope it stays that way.

i do enjoy cutting the lawn though. like a therapy or something.
              Wait til it starts warming up and raining. They burrow for worms and grubs that the rain brings out.

Comment

bah. has to be some sort of shit you can put in the ground to get rid of em no?

Comment

Yes but you have to identify their exit holes, lightly close them with dirt and see if they reuse it. If they do you can put poison or traps there. My problem is the damn dog keeps messing with the spots I'm observing, lol.

Comment

the damn dog keeps messing with the spots I'm observing, lol.
                    :rofl::rofl:

i picture you out there hiding behind bushes with your binoculars trying to observe the mole and your dog keep fucking up your plan. "psst psst gtfo of here duke" as he starts ripping around the yard doing laps. :rofl:

Comment

:rofl::rofl:

i picture you out there hiding behind bushes with your binoculars trying to observe the mole and your dog keep fucking up your plan. "psst psst gtfo of here duke" as he starts ripping around the yard doing laps. :rofl:
                      Lol. He doesn't ever dig, but he goes over and starts sniffing and pushing around the dirt with his big fat head.
                      Might be time to call Bill Murray to get Caddyshack on their ass'.

Comment

This is what I am talking about. It was green grass a month ago. This mole?
                        Attached Files

Comment

Yes. If you walk on it, it will sink under your feet.

Comment

Yes. If you walk on it, it will sink under your feet.
                            yea its flat now but it was raised up until about a week ago until the rain came.

Comment

Working...
                            X