Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

First case of ebola diagnosed in the US.

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• First case of ebola diagnosed in the US.

http://m.bbc.com/news/world-us-canada-29437070

How The U.S. Will Contain The Spread Of Ebola: Good Old Legwork | Popular Science

Comment

^ Great article from Popular Science - really breaks down how the tracers work. One reason this won't spread in the US is because we have a largely informed and educated public that isn't going to do dumb things like hide from the authorities or be convinced that they are spreading it because nobody who goes to the hospitals every comes back or whatever, the kinds of things that make containment so hard in Africa.

Comment

Spanish health officials obtain order to kill Ebola nurse's dog

This seems a little farfetched considering there isn't any evidence that a dog can spread Ebola. There aren't many viruses/illnesses out there being contracted from our domestic pets.

Comment

Originally posted by FitnessBrat View Post
          Spanish health officials obtain order to kill Ebola nurse's dog

This seems a little farfetched considering there isn't any evidence that a dog can spread Ebola. There aren't many viruses/illnesses out there being contracted from our domestic pets.
          European's are generally seen as a more "enlightened" people compared to the US population but more and more I'm seeing evidence to the contrary.

Comment

http://abcnews.go.com/Health/texas-e...ry?id=26045360

Comment

It is concerning that medical (presumably trained) have caught it

Its also heartening that when caught earl people are being saved

Comment

Originally posted by Mr incredible View Post
                It is concerning that medical (presumably trained) have caught it

Its also heartening that when caught earl people are being saved
                Huh?

Comment

Originally posted by TKD View Post

Huh?
                  I'm thinking maybe the duke of "earl" was treated and cured of Ebola? I assume that is what he means.

Comment

This story has always been strange to me, but maybe I'm missing some of the details. This guy went to the ER and they sent him home. He became sicker, and ended up being transported to the hospital a couple of days later where he ends up dying. Why did it not occur to him to tell them the first time that he had JUST BEEN IN AFRICA?! Instead he just goes back home? Why wasn't HE worried he might have Ebola??

Comment

Originally posted by THE BOUNCER View Post
                      I'm thinking maybe the "earl" of duke was treated and cured of Ebola? I assume that is what he means.
                      Opps missed the "y" which I guess throws two sentances off in your mind lol.

Bit like having no shoulders or arms throws your whole physique off ;)

Stay hiding in the dark room with the spotlight baby oil badboy, your fooling everyone, really

Comment

Yes my body is a real embarrassment.. whatever will I do!!??

Keep hiding your belly by cutting off half your torso to give the appearance you have a v shape. ;)

Comment

^fell for it

Spartan mofo!

Comment

^fell for it

Spartan mofo!

Comment

Double tap entry wound lol

Comment

Working...
                              X