The Best Countries to Retire In, In 2015

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• The Best Countries to Retire In, In 2015

It's great to live abroad, and the opportunities and experiences are exciting and priceless, but there's still something about missing home. I would really like to spend a lengthy visit in a lot of these places, though.

http://finance.yahoo.com/news/the-be...170424541.html

A weeks worth of groceries in Mexico is $15-$20. Now I understand how people flee and afford to live down there!

Comment

A US pension would go a long way in mexico for sure

Comment

Portugal in that list. I'm going this year. Can't wait, looks beautiful.

Comment

Originally posted by Mr I View Post
          A US pension would go a long way in mexico for sure

Yeah, I don't think I've really ever thought about how far your money could go in other countries. I mean, places the average person would want to spend their life.

Comment

Originally posted by Bouncer View Post
            Portugal in that list. I'm going this year. Can't wait, looks beautiful.
            I've been a few times.

Great weather but I'm not sure it's so cheap

Comment

How's some place like Greece? I wonder what a nice house on Corfu would be like...

Comment

Greece and parts of spain have huge unemployment I would think it's quite depressing to live

Comment

Nothing wrong with florida from what I can see

Comment

Florida got old for me..

Comment

It's San Diego area for me once the kids are on their own. Damn, it's good down there! I was on a business trip a couple of months ago and didn't want to leave.

Comment

Florida is perfect for me. I love the weather, I love the ocean and it's easy for travel. [emoji171] But it's definitely not for everyone.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Comment

Originally posted by Scrumhalf View Post
                          It's San Diego area for me once the kids are on their own. Damn, it's good down there! I was on a business trip a couple of months ago and didn't want to leave.
                          I'm staring to think that maybe one day I'll settle down on the west coast.

Comment

I love the weather, the laid back atmosphere and the wide open spaces. It's definitely different out here when you cross the Rockies. Water's cold though, no Gulf Stream here to warm things up and the California Current comes straight down from the Bering Sea :), that's the only downside I can think of, if you like swimming in the ocean.

Comment

And it gets cold enough for me as well..somewhere with seasons and when it's winter, I love it cold.

Comment

Working...
                              X