No announcement yet.

PTSD. What the FUCK!?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

It's been a rough couple of days. My mother has been helping clean out the bedroom where he did it. They lived in a log cabin with wood beam floors. His wife (my cousin) will have to pay $25k for professional cleaning and having the floors cut out and replaced. His blood saturated the floor and dripped down into the 1st floor room below it.

It's a fucking disaster in so many ways. My family is still dealing with my aunt passing from cancer a year ago this month and now this. Every February will now mark family tragedy.

My aunts passing was so painful but we slowly prepared for the worst because we knew it was inevitable.

This was so random and abrupt that it seems to have affected a lot of us a lot harder.

Such a fine young man, full of love and kindness. One of the most charismatic people ever known. His personality was so magnetic and exciting. Yet sadly hiding horrific inner turmoil.

I have no idea what realistically happens when people pass on, but I hope his anguish is truly over and his soul can rest.

Comment

GOD SPEED Brother...

Comment

BLM you have had kind words before for me privately when I was hit. I don't forget that stuff just so you know.

last three paragraphs you just wrote were beautiful sir.

Comment

So sorry hear blm.

Just went through the same situation with my cousin this past December. Hardest thing for me was not knowing he was struggling. I had no idea. I feel like maybe I could have helped if I would have known. He was an extremely smart professor. Only 35 years old. It's hard losing someone but it's even harder on a family when it happens this way.

I hope you and your family can find some comfort during this difficult time blm.

Comment

Thanks all. Day by day...

Comment

His family started a fund to help with expenses. In less than 2 days they nearly tripled their goal of $5k. This is a true testament of the man he was and the lives he touched. Friday, 2 buses (not vans) of soldiers are driving from Ft. Bragg to Pa to attend his funeral. In such a tragic time, it comforts the soul (even if only briefly) to see the outpouring of support.

Sadly, as I mentioned not too long ago when my grandmother passed away. These times also bring out the opportunists. People already trying to take claim to that money and/or anything else of value.

The man isn't even in the ground and they are calling his wife for fucking hand outs.

And listen guys, I'm not posting any of this for sympathy. It's just another outlet for me to people I have been associated with for over a decade but have no bias or ties to this unfortunate event.

If you know of anyone that has or claims to have PTSD. Take one second out your life and simply ask them "are you doing ok?" they may say yes and mean it, they may say yes and be hiding the truth, or they might just have a moment of vulnerability and say no and open up to you. If they do, listen, you could potentially save a life.

Comment

So sorry for your loss BLM.

I see many injustices in health care each and every day, but the failure of the VA, the failure of the government to provide adequate care for the military really gets my blood boiling.

Comment

Originally posted by Turbo3000 View Post
                  So sorry for your loss BLM.

I see many injustices in health care each and every day, but the failure of the VA, the failure of the government to provide adequate care for the military really gets my blood boiling.

Agreed. It is just so terrible.

Blm, I think that is absolutely honorable and must bring at least a bit of comfort in knowing how loved and respected he was. :hug:

Comment

Take the time, if you will...

http://www.buzzfeed.com/emaoconnor/t...ldqpgp#4ldqpgp

Comment

Damn....

Comment

heart wrenching....:bawl:

Comment

Powerful photos! Screw war... it destroys the souls of people. We should pull our armies out of every hellhole we have been stationed in for the last 50 years. Absolutely no reason to destroy our kids this way. If we stay the hell out of the affairs of other countries, I seriously doubt we would have too much need to deploy all over the place. screw being the world's policeman! :disagree:

Comment

I hope that at some point in my life, when I'm a little less busy, I can do *something* with veterans. It breaks my heart that we have that many vets struggling out there. :(

Comment

Originally posted by FitnessBrat View Post
                              I hope that at some point in my life, when I'm a little less busy, I can do *something* with veterans. It breaks my heart that we have that many vets struggling out there. :(
                              Just take um out fishing on the Boat girl...I used to do it all the time. years ago I got several hundred vets out on boats all across the country from people who would volenteer their boat for a free trip to guys comming home.Too easy!!:thumb:

Comment

Originally posted by lipripper View Post
                                Just take um out fishing on the Boat girl...I used to do it all the time. years ago I got several hundred vets out on boats all across the country from people who would volenteer their boat for a free trip to guys comming home.Too easy!!:thumb:

I love that you took such a simple thing and turned it in to something rewarding. Most people think they can't help because they don't have the resources (money), don't have the time, etc. You took something you already had, and time you were already going to spend, and turned it in to something extra for someone else. :thumb: :inlove:

Comment

Working...
                                X