No announcement yet.

Edward Snowden documentary Citizenfour wins Oscar

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Great documentary. I bookmarked some really good quotes and I'll try to post them soon.

Too bad nothing will change. Half of the population just doesn't give a shit. They are worried about who is getting kicked off the voice, survivor, or american idol. We have become a nation of mindless sheep. The moment of clarity will come too late for the population, most will be sitting back wondering how the fuck things got so bad. It started with the patriot act and it has been one quick moving freight train.

Comment

Turbo, read With Liberty and Justice for Some by Greenwald. You will love it.

What struck me about the documentary is how intelligent and articulate Snowden was, and how conscious and knowledgeable he was about our constitutional and civil liberties. And he didn't finish high school. Contrast that to the highly educated fat cat bankers that got off scot free after running the economy into the ground.

Comment

9/11 happened and the gov said "fuck yes, now we can do what we want!"

Comment

I've started it numerous times. Between the kids and recent event, it's hard to find 2 hrs of uninterrupted time. I'm anxiously waiting to watch it in it's entirety.

Comment

Put it on your phone and watch it in bed late night. That's the only way I watch anything these days.

Comment

Originally posted by Scrumhalf View Post
              Put it on your phone and watch it in bed late night. That's the only way I watch anything these days.
              :agreed:

I started two nights ago on HBOGO and started falling asleep. Started from the beginning last night and finished the last 10 minutes on the treadmill this morning.

I'll probably give it a second viewing on Monday.

Comment

Originally posted by Scrumhalf View Post
                To hell with that. That's the only time my wife and I get to be alone. It's time to take care of business not watch movies. :doggy:

Comment

Originally posted by blm View Post
                  To hell with that. That's the only time my wife and I get to be alone. It's time to take care of business not watch movies. :doggy:
                  Ha.

My wife and I have just a few more days remaining of our "freedom". I'm going to look back in a few months and think "BLM was right, I have no time to watch movies".

Comment

One isn't so bad. You'll get into your routines and find time. More than one, forget it. lol. It's not a linear change it's exponential!

Comment

Originally posted by Turbo3000 View Post
                      Ha.

My wife and I have just a few more days remaining of our "freedom". I'm going to look back in a few months and think "BLM was right, I have no time to watch movies".

I know you're busy and don't post as much, but please keep us updated! I must see baby Turbo! :swoon:

Comment

Originally posted by FitnessBrat View Post
                        I know you're busy and don't post as much, but please keep us updated! I must see baby Turbo! :swoon:
                        I'm ready to see her. I've already lost an office and half my closet to that baby.

The pregnancy seems to have flownnnnn by...my wife disagrees. Being an observer has been a breeze.

Comment

Working...
                        X