No announcement yet.

Samsung Gear S watch.....I'm getting one

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

one thing to keep in mind bro is that this is very early times for this kind of tech. you have the money so you can always buy a new one but just realize that this thing will be a relic very shortly.

i would personally wait until the tech is improved and like you said actually looks better. the apple watch is just around the corner and I have a feeling that will force the other companies to make a much better looking product.

Comment

Originally posted by Bouncer View Post
      one thing to keep in mind bro is that this is very early times for this kind of tech. you have the money so you can always buy a new one but just realize that this thing will be a relic very shortly.

i would personally wait until the tech is improved and like you said actually looks better. the apple watch is just around the corner and I have a feeling that will force the other companies to make a much better looking product.
      I've thought about that. Most review fare it very well. I also wanted to read/hear of those who run with it. Seems we got to many fat asses in America who have yet to use it for running lol. The sweat coming off the arms into the watch. If anything, I'll get my band. I'm really curios to see me hear rate and a few other things.

When I was at the gym last night I was actually thinking about it. Would I'd be wearing this watch and I said to myself no. I wouldn't so I guess me getting this watch, I would only be using it for running purposes, and if that's going to be the case I might as will just get a fit band for half the price

Comment

I agree. It's not as good looking as a normal watch. Has to be charged everyday. Much more delicate in terms of water. Also not as functional as a smart phone. So it's like one of those in between products that doesn't do anything very well.

Comment

Originally posted by Bouncer View Post
          I agree. It's not as good looking as a normal watch. Has to be charged everyday. Much more delicate in terms of water. Also not as functional as a smart phone. So it's like one of those in between products that doesn't do anything very well.
          Again, not getting it for aesthetics either. It's got some cool features for those wanting to track your daily runs or other stuff. In the spring/summer/fall here, all you want to do is run the trails, hiking, etc....that's when this watch would get its full use. Not the type of guy who would have a convo on the phone. Perhaps I'd text(and seems hard from the reviews, tiny screen)or emails.

Comment

Well so much for that!

The good;

It looks better in person, interchangeable bands, you CAN make calls while phone is at home, emails, texts, etc....all for $5 a month two year contract. You can run and the sweat would be fine if it got to the watch. Looks dope:D

The bad;

Well I have unlimited(everything)and if I buy this device, I lose my unlimited plan...even with me buying the gadget full retail:mad: which is what I've always done with my phone devices...it's bs!!!

I can also just buy it and keep it as a Bluetooth device, but that's one hell of an expensive device...$400!!! I'll never own a smart watch because I refuse to lose my unlimited.

Fucking Verizon making it hard for us who still have the old plan.

Comment

Radio, just get a Polar device with hrm and GPS capability. It will work much better than these devices as a run logger.

Comment

Go to DC Rainmaker and pick out a proper exercise watch.

Comment

How to use the Microsoft Band keyboard | Windows Central

Comment

Don't Buy A Smartphone or Smartwatch Right Now | Digital Trends

Comment

https://www.kickstarter.com/projects...no-compromises

I'd get it to play around with if I had some fun money. Around a week of battery.

Comment

Working...
                      X