Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

A fine day indeed for Internet in America!

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Lol. You and your documentary education.

Most southerners were poor. Dirt fucking poor. Most couldn't afford slaves. The image of the south being huge plantations with numerous slaves is just that, an image. The North didn't produce shit. They sat around thinking of ways to make money by exploiting the south. The south said fuck you we don't need the north.

About all I can do on a cell phone. Don't care if you agree or not.

I'm sure a documentary regarding net neutrality will be filmed within the next year. Bump it up after you pass that course.

Read some stuff by Shelby Foote.
    Last edited by Turbo3000; 03-02-15, 10:35 AM.

Comment

Originally posted by Turbo3000 View Post
      Lol. You and your documentary education.

Most southerners were poor. Dirt fucking poor. Most couldn't afford slaves. The image of the south being huge plantations with numerous slaves is just that, an image. The North didn't produce shit. They sat around thinking of ways to make money by exploiting the south. The south said fuck you we don't need the north.

About all I can do on a cell phone. Don't care if you agree or not.

In sure a documentary regarding net neutrality will be filmed within the next year. Bump it up after you pass that course.
      Facts are facts regardless of how you learn them. Get of your high horse.

The north didn't produce shit? Better check your facts college boy because not only did we produce more goods and industry then the south, we doubled and tripled it in many cases.

Southerners were dirt poor yes and most didn't own slaves also correct. But that doesn't change the fact that over 3 million slaves were intertwined in southern life to the very core. To deny this fact is no different then denying the holocaust.

Comment

Also interesting you bring up Shelby Foote after making fun of me about documentaries.

That PBS documentary series by Ken Burns I mentioned.. he plays a leading role. He is referenced every 15-20 minutes in the series. Brilliant man, he would tell you how stupid your comment was about the "north not producing shit."

Comment

Originally posted by Bouncer View Post
          Facts are facts regardless of how you learn them. Get of your high horse.

The north didn't produce shit? Better check your facts college boy because not only did we produce more goods and industry then the south, we doubled and tripled it in many cases.

Southerners were dirt poor yes and most didn't own slaves also correct. But that doesn't change the fact that over 3 million slaves were intertwined in southern life to the very core. To deny this fact is no different then denying the holocaust.
          No high horse here. Books, videos, etc it doesn't matter. Bias will also exist. The truth is somewhere in the middle. There are always three sides to every story.

Comment

Industry and Economy during the Civil War

story (U.S. National Park Service)

"The North, by contrast, was well on its way toward a commercial and manufacturing economy, which would have a direct impact on its war making ability. By 1860, 90 percent of the nation's manufacturing output came from northern states. The North produced 17 times more cotton and woolen textiles than the South, 30 times more leather goods, 20 times more pig iron, and 32 times more firearms. The North produced 3,200 firearms to every 100 produced in the South. Only about 40 percent of the Northern population was still engaged in agriculture by 1860, as compared to 84 percent of the South.

Even in the agricultural sector, Northern farmers were out-producing their southern counterparts in several important areas, as Southern agriculture remained labor intensive while northern agriculture became increasingly mechanized. By 1860, the free states had nearly twice the value of farm machinery per acre and per farm worker as did the slave states, leading to increased productivity. As a result, in 1860, the Northern states produced half of the nation's corn, four-fifths of its wheat, and seven-eighths of its oats. "

Comment

I'm sorry you didn't catch the exaggeration on my comment regarding the north and production of goods. I wasn't stating an absolute.

Comment

Bro, you made stupid comments that were 100% factually incorrect after telling me my knowledge on the civil war is approaching zero...

You're simply backing out of the battle by claiming "exaggerations" on your part.

It's clear that just like the Civil war.. A Northerner has once again won the day. I suggest you retreat or suffer utter defeat!

-Ulysses S Bouncer

Comment

Bro, you made stupid comments that were 100% factually incorrect after telling me I my knowledge on the civil war is approaching zero...

You're simply backing out of the battle by claiming "exaggerations" on your part.

It's clear that just like the Civil war.. A Northerner has once again won the day. I suggest you retreat or suffer utter defeat!

Lol. You crack me up.

Comment

Lol. You crack me up.
                    that American flag you see everyday. you bow your fucken head when you see it. your people fought under a different flag you god damn trader! you are not an American.

Comment

that American flag you see everyday. you bow your fucken head when you see it. your people fought under a different flag you god damn trader! you are not an American.
                      Get back on topic or I will report you to a mod. This site is serious about staying on topic. :hug:

Comment

All I ask from you is to look at the issue and what it would have meant for the internet. Put aside your distrust and all that and consider the cause. Seriously, the open internet as we know it would have died.

Comment

All I ask from you is to look at the issue and what it would have meant for the internet. Put aside your distrust and all that and consider the cause. Seriously, the open internet as we know it would have died.
                          I understand and I think something needed to be done. I just don't think we got the best solution. We did get a solution, so I guess that is better than nothing. I just don't see this developing the way that the supporters are claiming.

Comment

I understand and I think something needed to be done. I just don't think we got the best solution. We did get a solution, so I guess that is better than nothing. I just don't see this developing the way that the supporters are claiming.
                            It's one of those things bro. I forget who said it but it goes something like.. "I'm not saying that a Democracy is perfect but it seems like the best solution we've come up with so far considering the other options."

Comment

The cost of bandwidth is going down. Routing hardware capable of handling several hundred gigabit/sec (forwarding engines, optical transceivers, etc) has dropped significantly in the past few years.

If ISPs had their way (unregulated), they would be charging customers AND content providers for use of their network - how would a "free" service possibly survive? Comcast and Verizon has already managed to force Netflix to pay for use of their network by intentionally allowing their route to Netflix to become oversubscribed and unusable.

An overly simplified explanation of who pays for what on the internet:

Youtube -Level3 -Cogent -ISP -You

- Youtube pays Level3.
                              - You pay ISP. ISP pays Cogent.
                              - Level3 and Cogent agree to exchange traffic for free.

What ISPs want:

Everything from above, AND:
                              - Youtube pays Cogent.
                              - Youtube pays ISP.

Everyone already gets paid. They're just getting greedy.

Comment

Working...
                              X