Had a little scare yesterday.

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by Scrumhalf View Post
    That's BS, bro. Go to the dealer and ask to be put into contact with your regional customer service manager.
    I hear what you are saying scrum but I don't know what else to expect from them. I told them that there is problem with their system and it should be addressed and they acknowledged that. If they had broken a window or something I wouldve ask for a free replacement but that is not the case. So I guess this is where it ends and like I said lesson learned.

P.S. Scrum you car also can be locked with the key inside. Just tested out my friend's fully loaded ford escape with smart key and we were able to do the same thing with it.

Originally posted by FitnessBrat View Post
    I'm glad everything turned out okay. I'm sure it was very nerve wracking! :hug:
    Thanks FB. Yeah it was. :(

Comment

Scary stuff bro. Glad everything turned out OK.

Comment

Originally posted by BEAST View Post
        Everything is ok and I'm just making this post because I'm having a hard time getting over it.

So the long story short, by mistake yesterday Erica locked her car key in the car in 90 degree temperature while Noah was strapped in his car seat.

They were out about 20 mins from where we live at a playground and when they walked over to the car while she was putting him in the car he says it's hot in here so she pushes the remote start on the key so car can start cooling off. Well, on our Ford Flex you have to push the door lock button then start button what I didn't know that you can actually lock the doors while any of the doors open, so after she starts the car she didn't immediately unlocks the doors, she finishes putting him in his car seat, steps back tries to push the unlock button while she was closing the door and drops the key in to the car and door slams shut locked because she doopes the key before she unlocks the door.

I mean what are the odds of this shit happening in that sequence? But when shit happens fucking shit happens.

So she calls me all panicking, I said call roadside service and I'm on my way with the spare key. I run out start driving like a mad man she calls back and says roadside service said call 911. Then at the same breath she says shit car stopped running! I guess it only runs for like five minutes or so. I said call them now, she hang up, called them and they made it to the car in like four minutes , but still took them another couple of minutes to open the door and by the time I've got there they had just pulled him out of the car. And the poor guy was just soaked in sweat. He wasn't crying or panicking but boy he was chugging on water.

We all know how fast cars can hear up in a hot day but, damn in about four minutes it must've been boiling in there.

Here is the fucked up part...car has a key pad on the door and neither one of us bothered to remember the code.if we did none this shit would've happened and she could've calmly walked around the car and unlock the door.
        Anywho...liked said everything is ok and lesson learned.

P.S. Already emailed ford and told them that what happened. You shouldn't be able to lock the doors while they are open to start the car. Like in my Audi car knows if the keys are inside and it won't lock it until you get it out of it.
        Glad all worked out and your son was fine.
        Shows how quick and unexpected accident can happen.

Comment

Beast..wanna fuck with ford??? call a local news crew tell them the story and show them how it happened, and the bullshit response they sent you.... someplace down the line..someone is gonna need this info. I'm not a lawsuit kinda guy, but I keep thinking of lil man stuck in that car..thats scary shit. It might be the thing that helps get some kinda recall done so another family wont have to go through that. Just a thought.

Comment

Originally posted by lipripper View Post
            Beast..wanna fuck with ford??? call a local news crew tell them the story and show them how it happened, and the bullshit response they sent you.... someplace down the line..someone is gonna need this info. I'm not a lawsuit kinda guy, but I keep thinking of lil man stuck in that car..thats scary shit. It might be the thing that helps get some kinda recall done so another family wont have to go through that. Just a thought.
            Actually I do have a friend that is one of the news anchors on ABC. I'll talk to him today and see what he says.

Comment

Working...
            X