Trip to Hawaii

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Trip to Hawaii

I don't have too many photos on my phone as we took a majority on my finance's phone. (way better camera)

Let me say the US is unbelievable you guys live in the best country on earth.

We both loved Hawaii it was incredible, we've got beaches here apart from Waikiki Hawaii has us beat.

I'll share the photos from my phone then upload my mrs' tonight.

So we arrived at Honolulu at 6.30am and got to the hotel at 7.15am. First thing we noticed in the airport was customs officers with guns! Made no sense to us haha. We couldn't check into our hotel until noon so we left the bags and went to the beach for a few hours.

These are the first photos I took as we got to the beach. It was amazing.

Comment

We did all the shopping in the first few days, which we went nuts on filled two whole suitcases in a few hours. The prices were insane.

I really wanted to take a tour and finally caved at one of the guys hustling on the sidewalk and signed up.

Tour was the highlight for sure. We got a bus at about 9am with about 12 others, who were a whole Asian/Australian mixed family. The tour guide was a Hawaiian guy about our age called Bon Jovy we got on awesome with him and he took us out after the tour with all his mates.

This is Wymea Bay easily the best beach I've ever been too. I actually got told that I couldn't swim there because it was too "rough". I told the life guard it was all good and I'd be fine and ran in. Waves were perfect for body surfing and the whole atmosphere of the place was incredible. Found out later they do the big wave surfing comps there.

After that we went to Pipeline and watched the Junior Sufing comp those kids were amazing and it was such an awesome beach.

Comment

After Pipeline we went to Turtle Beach. Seeing a 200+ pound sea turtle just chilling out was crazy cool.

We got some lunch at a local shrimp shack and they had some pet tortoises. Food was incredible and I've never eaten shrimp that good before.

The tour guide we made friends with came and got us from our hotel that night and took us up a mountain to a look out to check out the sunset over Honolulu.

After that we went and got some food at a local place, he wanted to take us to touristy places but we said no we wanted to do what he would do normally. We went to a really great restaurant and afterwards to Chinatown for a few drinks with his friends. (Btw your alcohol is so cheap. They had this drink special called White Boy Wasted which was a beer and a whiskey shot. I was definitely a wasted white boy after about 10 of those that and can't remember much else of the night)

Comment

I did a few food challenges as well after having demolished what we consider big ones over here. (Advantage over here was I was on cycle and they were my cheat meals).

Man nothing could prepare me for what came out on those plates.

First one I tried was the Cheeseburger challenge which was a bowl of chilli cheese fries with a burger on top consisting of 4 beef patties and 1 pulled pork with onion rings on top. I had to eat all of that in 20 minutes. Failed miserably there.

Second was the pancake challenge at Mac 24/7 it was on Man Vs Food and I thought I had this one beat. 3 pancakes in 90 minutes. Got just under half and was about to burst so failed again.

Comment

Originally posted by henry View Post
            Let me say the US is unbelievable you guys live in the best country on earth.
            we sure do! :usa:

Comment

Sounds like you had a blast brother. Good to hear. lol at your food challenges.

Comment

Great pics. LOL @ the man vs food challenges. Did you go on the beach after that, bloated gut and all? :D

Comment

ill post the pics i was going to do tonight tomorrow having problems with my mrs' android and my mac.

and haha yeah of course i did some big fat ass people out on those beaches bro

Comment

Originally posted by henry View Post
                    big fat ass people out on those beaches bro
                    Murica!

Comment

Good times! :thumup:

Comment

Good stuff, Henry! :thumup:

Comment

I went to Hawaii twice when I was younger. Different islands and very different experiences. First I was about 13 and stayed at Bellows. It was lodging for the air force. My step brothers were living there at the time. Cabin we stayed in was about 100 yards from the beach and nothing but sand between the backdoor and the water. Had a blast.

Second time I was about 17 and we went to kauai. My mom and then step dad (first trip was with my dad and step mom) got married there and we went back for their anniversary. Brother was supposed to go but couldn't because of football. Asked girlfriend of a couple years to go but her mom wouldn't let her. Weird because she stayed at my house almost every weekend. Anyways, ended up taking my best friend. It was nice to go, but it's definitely more of a place you go with a significant other. Would have had a lot more to do on another island.

Comment

can't seem to edit my posts so heres the rest of the pics i was going to insert.

Man V Food Pancakes

Cheeseburger Challenge

Bouncer getting pulled over

Sunset at Waikiki

Turtles

Gotta say it again USA is amazing. If I win that green card lottery Im moving the next day.

Comment

Those pancakes are ridiculous. They look good, but way too much.

The cheeseburger doesn't look too bad, but I'm sure the picture doesn't do it justice.

Looks like a great trip. I hope to make it to Hawaii in the next few years.

Comment

Working...
                              X