Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by FitnessBrat View Post
    The beauty of a career in the medical field (school)! :P
    Wow, that's ridiculous. How can the medical establishment justify it? When I was in grad school, I had an assistantship that paid me about 800 bucks a month. In exchange, I worked in a professor's lab for.. well, a lot more than 40 hours a week lol... It was slave wages for sure, but at least it was something and the work I did there was the basis of my thesis.

Comment

It's hard to find places not under threat

Comment

Originally posted by Mr I View Post
        It's hard to find places not under threat
        What?

Comment

Originally posted by Scrumhalf View Post
          Wow, that's ridiculous. How can the medical establishment justify it? When I was in grad school, I had an assistantship that paid me about 800 bucks a month. In exchange, I worked in a professor's lab for.. well, a lot more than 40 hours a week lol... It was slave wages for sure, but at least it was something and the work I did there was the basis of my thesis.

My brother has an internship at NASA right now. It doesn't pay a lot but it's basically an engineers dream.

Unfortunately in the medical field, we put in many free hours for "school," lol

Comment

To put it in simpler terms, in medical you do your clinical rotation. To give experience. You most likely have a preceptor but you are still doing the same work as the employees who are getting paid there.

Comment

I just didn't realize you don't get paid.

Comment

Working...
              X