No announcement yet.

Kentucky clerk ordered to court after refusing to issue gay-marriage licenses

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Here's my issue with religion; I'm Catholic. I was raised that way and I still believe that way. Yes I do believe someone of higher power, God, etc...I respect every religion and I've dated MANY religions. Some of you here know what I went through when I was married, and living in Ohio. When I lived there, religion was and is everywhere. If it's not, it's pushed and shoved in your face. Don't try to resist it, you're outnumbered and ultimately you join; just for your peace of mind. I know very well, I speak for myself. Now? I'm in complete defense mode, grudge, hatred. Honestly, my time living there ruined ANY good thoughts I had about my own religion which in turn, has made me this way now. I'm happy for the gay couple, anyone should love who the fuck they want; bitch don't try and tell me God told you so:slap:

We all know this is just the beginning of a very long drawn out circus media, government fiasco, organizations, alliances, unicorns, you get the point.

So get the popcorn because this is gonna get nasty:D
    Attached Files

Comment

Curious what part of Ohio you speak of. Must have been rural because I see none of that in Cincinnati. I doubt Cleveland or Columbus are like that as well.

Comment

Fella is pumped up

Comment

Religion is for the weak of mind. Rational thought is sufficient for you to live a good life. Respect for others, generosity, kindness, open mindedness - all of these are things that any rational human being can have without a prerequisite for religion. If a person wants to believe, fine. But the notion that agnostics or atheists are somehow cruel, depraved people is just more nonsense from religious "leaders." The problem with religion, or at least some religions, is the idea that their way is the right way and everyone else is wrong, or that they need to coerce others to change their point of view.

Comment

Originally posted by Scrumhalf View Post
            Religion is for the weak of mind. Rational thought is sufficient for you to live a good life. Respect for others, generosity, kindness, open mindedness - all of these are things that any rational human being can have without a prerequisite for religion. If a person wants to believe, fine. But the notion that agnostics or atheists are somehow cruel, depraved people is just more nonsense from religious "leaders." The problem with religion, or at least some religions, is the idea that their way is the right way and everyone else is wrong, or that they need to coerce others to change their point of view.
            I've always used the argument that people of religion need to do good for fear of a higher power while one without religion and a good person is mentally stronger with a greater willpower to do the right thing morally because it is just the right thing to do.

Comment

It's simpler to ask of those people, if there was no good would they still be a good person?

Comment

I like the people of this forum more these days. Bunch of sophisticats!

Superior State has risen.

Comment

The tone of the board has changed significantly. Much more conducive to discussion.

Comment

Originally posted by blm View Post
                    The tone of the board has changed significantly. Much more conducive to discussion.
                    I see a strong correlation to the absence of certain members.

Comment

Could just be the topics at hand. Some topics are worth more intellectual discussion. Some are just for the lolz.

Comment

Originally posted by chuckz28 View Post
                        Curious what part of Ohio you speak of. Must have been rural because I see none of that in Cincinnati. I doubt Cleveland or Columbus are like that as well.
                        I lived in Ohio for a total of 6yrs. Three of those in the Cincinnati area; kenwood, Indian hills and some rural closer areas. Cinci by far has the most religious freaks I've seen anywhere, fact! If anyone tries to defend or deny this, all you're doing is being in denial of the state. What state has billboards as you drive along the highways like "hell is real" "God forgives you" etc..,I don't even want to get into this long discussion of ohio because I have such horrible taste. Columbus was more of me; suburbia, metro, city, etc....I lived in new Albany and Eastwood. Cleveland was and is just a shit hole, reminds me of Detroit. Blue collar society all day. Again nothing wrong with any of this, but not for me....nope...no sir:noo:I don't mix well with old school anglosaxon folks. The workforce sucks in Ohio, even while having my business. We lost money being in Ohio, not much, but lost money...if you drive a fancy car, dress fancy, etc...you're not from Ohio. People look at you weird and shit. I stayed as l on gas I could for my son, but I tapped out...I had to do it or I would have become a hot mess l Ike before.
                        Originally posted by Bouncer View Post
                        I like the people of this forum more these days. Bunch of sophisticats!

Superior State has risen.
                        we got all types of degrees and fields covered nigg:wave:

Originally posted by blm View Post
                        'Ol Rado still around:Dhe can change the tempo really quick :rofl:
                        Originally posted by Scrumhalf View Post
                        I see a strong correlation to the absence of certain members.
                        :thumb::grin:

Could just be the topics at hand. Some topics are worth more intellectual discussion. Some are just for the lolz.
                        i think most of us on here could and would carry an intelligent conversation. It's just time consuming to type at times or relay our own points on here. I get lazy to be honest, typing all this shit out lol

Comment

Originally posted by rado View Post
                          I lived in Ohio for a total of 6yrs. Three of those in the Cincinnati area; kenwood, Indian hills and some rural closer areas. Cinci by far has the most religious freaks I've seen anywhere, fact! If anyone tries to defend or deny this, all you're doing is being in denial of the state. What state has billboards as you drive along the highways like "hell is real" "God forgives you" etc..,I don't even want to get into this long discussion of ohio because I have such horrible taste. Columbus was more of me; suburbia, metro, city, etc....I lived in new Albany and Eastwood. Cleveland was and is just a shit hole, reminds me of Detroit. Blue collar society all day. Again nothing wrong with any of this, but not for me....nope...no sir:noo:I don't mix well with old school anglosaxon folks. The workforce sucks in Ohio, even while having my business. We lost money being in Ohio, not much, but lost money...if you drive a fancy car, dress fancy, etc...you're not from Ohio. People look at you weird and shit. I stayed as l on gas I could for my son, but I tapped out...I had to do it or I would have become a hot mess l Ike before.
                          we got all types of degrees and fields covered nigg:wave:

'Ol Rado still around:Dhe can change the tempo really quick :rofl:
                          :thumb::grin:

i think most of us on here could and would carry an intelligent conversation. It's just time consuming to type at times or relay our own points on here. I get lazy to be honest, typing all this shit out lol
                          Lol. Those billboards are homemade on a farmers land in rural Ohio between cincy and Columbus. Not state billboards. Indian hill is the richest city in the state of Ohio. The median home price is $950k compared to the state average of around $200k. Some of the mansions there have elevators. Not sure how you could say isn't fancy. Kenwood is a nice place too. To each his own bro but I could show you MUCH worse places than you mentioned especially on the religion front. You ever even heard of the Bible belt? Lol spend a week in Kansas and you'll blood your brains out.
                          Last edited by chuckz28; 09-04-15, 03:06 PM.

Comment

Lol. Those billboards are homemade on a farmers land in rural Ohio between cincy and Columbus. Not state billboards. Indian hill is the richest city in the state of Ohio. The median home price is $950k compared to the state average of around $200k. Some of the mansions there have elevators. Not sure how you could say isn't fancy. Kenwood is a nice place too. To each his own bro but I could show you MUCH worse places than you mentioned especially on the religion front. You ever even heard of the Bible belt? Lol spend a week in Kansas and you'll blood your brains out.
                            I never said those places I lived around, were not nice...very nice areas hence why I lived there. My comments can be said about most states and cities, sure. But facts are facts; Ohioans and some other states as well, bunch of religious wackos. This is why I didn't want to post. Just don't feel like typing out a long drawn out thesis.

Trust me I know about religious freaks....ever visit Lynchburg or hillsboro? Ummmm yea.....run motherfucker, r u n....!!!??

Comment

:D

Her parents live in hillsboro...they hated driving out to us when we had a home in kenwood....it was even better when we lived on Indian hills...lmao

Comment

Gotcha. I thought you were saying Kenwood and Indian hills were dump religious areas lol. I was thinking this guy must be a billionaire to think that. And yeah fuck Hillsboro.

Comment

Working...
                                X