America's Fattest States

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• America's Fattest States

Back in 1980, no U.S. state had a rate of obesity higher than 15 percent. In 2014, however, obesity rates were 30 percent or higher in 22 U.S. states, according to a recent report entitled The State of Obesity: Better Policies for a Healthier America.

Rates of obesity now exceed 35 percent in three states – Arkansas, West Virginia and Mississippi. Arkansas has been named the fattest state in America – just under 36 percent of its adult population is classified as obese. During the past year, obesity rates increased in Kansas, Minnesota, New Mexico, Ohio and Utah and generally remained stable across the rest of the nation.

Forbes Welcome

Fat turds in the PNW.. :disagree: So many mountains and the great outdoors... Get off your asses, people! :fight:

Comment

New England bitches :D

Comment

How do you even figure this out? Go door to door. Ok check that family is fat. I never believe this horse shit.

Comment

Health records and statistics. It's really not all that difficult. Its called data analysis.

This isn't 1953 bro. Knock on doors. Lol

Comment

Oh boy

Comment

Nice add. And it was a joke.

Comment

See my state of ohio is representing with the 8th fattest state. Dont surprise me. Everywhere i go around here it always seems there's a plethera of fat fucks about.lol. seriously, they're fucking everywhere. Like a swarm of locusts destroying the land.

Comment

I was surprised Illinois wasn't higher on the list. That state has a shit ton more fat asses then Jersey or Cali. I can't imagine how bad those top 5 states must be.

Comment

Indiana and Ohio representing the Northern fatties!! :D

Comment

No way. The amazing FDA put out a food pyramid that should keep us all from getting fat.......................

Comment

Originally posted by Bouncer View Post
                        Health records and statistics. It's really not all that difficult. Its called data analysis.

This isn't 1953 bro. Knock on doors. Lol
                        I think they would have to survey that. Health records are private information otherwise it would be a HIPAA violation.

Comment

I'm sure there is an easy way for a data analysis company to figure out the obesity rates. Much like Google analytics can tell me the general age, race, location etc.. of visitors to this site. Trends, death rates, fast food sales by location etc..

Comment

I think that as long as data isn't individually identifiable, it can be used for research purposes under HIPAA.

Comment

I just like to always question things like this. I mean how do you know if john the hermit who has no health insurance and never goes to the Doctors is fat or not?

Comment

Working...
                              X