X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• 20 Hurt 10 Dead Oregon School Shooting

Not even a shock anymore... Sad shit.

Oregon shooting: Reports of 10 dead at Umpqua Community College - CNN.com

Just horrible. But not a surprise. I'm surprised we went this long before it happened again. Wtf is this world coming to nowadays?! Too many wackos in this country

Comment

Originally posted by MattG View Post
      Just horrible. But not a surprise. I'm surprised we went this long before it happened again. Wtf is this world coming to nowadays?! Too many wackos in this country
      This will keep happening until we have an honest conversattion in this country about why we seem to be different from other countries. Mass shootings are an American phenomenon. Why, is the question.

This sucks. In the PNW. I thought we were better than the rest of the country. Laid back, inclusive, progressive. Turns out we are just as shitty as everywhere else.

Comment

Sad shit. Over and over again and it leads to this minority report type stuff where companies are investing millions in crime prediction software. Hitachi says it can predict crimes before they happen - Quartz

A few nutjobs out of hundreds of millions ruin life for everybody.

Comment

Originally posted by Scrumhalf View Post
          This will keep happening until we have an honest conversattion in this country about why we seem to be different from other countries. Mass shootings are an American phenomenon. Why, is the question.

This sucks. In the PNW. I thought we were better than the rest of the country. Laid back, inclusive, progressive. Turns out we are just as shitty as everywhere else.
          Could it be simply a side effect of generations growing up in a capitalist society with the $ being the single most important thing? I dunno.

America has always been an experiment and is still an experiment to this day. What we did in our formation is something that is unique to the world. Maybe this is the natural cycle. Everyone wants and needs to be someone. When they feel neglected they lash out.

Its not surprising to me that this thing is uniquely American because America itself was formed upon unique principles s. As a people, we are unique to the rest of the world. Both good and bad.

If you can look at this whole thing and simply say "guns are the problem", I would say to you that guns are the very tip of the iceberg.

Maybe we need a blend of capitalism and Communism. Lol

Comment

On the flip side. Look at the statistics. While we are worried about terrorism take a look at this...

http://www.vox.com/2015/10/1/9437187...rrorism-deaths

Comment

45 separate Shootings this year alone..

http://www.huffingtonpost.com/entry/...b0af3706dff6b8

Comment

Don't think any mass shooting has ever been about money. As for this one we will see but tweets from the shooter said he was asking people what their religion was right before going off the deep end.

Comment

Originally posted by chuckz28 View Post
                  Don't think any mass shooting has ever been about money. As for this one we will see but tweets from the shooter said he was asking people what their religion was right before going off the deep end.
                  Nah bro your not seeing what I'm saying. Has nothing to do with the shootings being about money. I'm talking about generations being raised in said society. The moral and psychological changes over hundreds of years.

Comment

We just do it differently. In other countries they group up and round up entire villages to rape and kill , or behead groups of people for different beliefs. People don't change, just reasons and methods.

Comment

Originally posted by chuckz28 View Post
                      We just do it differently. In other countries they group up and round up entire villages to rape and kill , or behead groups of people for different beliefs. People don't change, just reasons and methods.
                      Really? Now the standard we compare ourselves to is the Taliban, or Rwanda? The rest of the civilized world would be laughing at us if it weren't do tragic.

Comment

Well if we are going into knee jerk reactions of blaming capitalism or guns without knowing a single thing about this incident then what does it matter if I compare one group of people to another? They are still human beings are they not?

Comment

Not about knowing something in particular about this incident chuck. Its about why so many of these incidents are happening here in America. 45 in 2015. And why this was unheard of just 20 years ago. Something has fundamentally changed and the answer is not as simple as "guns".

Comment

45 shootings that are in the radius of school grounds not 45 mass shootings. This includes any crime committed with a gun.

Comment

Regardless, this is a new American thing and there is a reason for it.

Comment

Working...
                              X