No announcement yet.

Checking Account Question

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Yea Wells Fargo was born in the wild west during the cowboy and gold rush days but they aren't exactly a small local bank. I feel like the local neighborhood banks have more incentive to be customer friendly to try and compete with the big banks.

Comment

I know. Just throwing it out there.

Comment

Originally posted by Bouncer View Post
        Yea Wells Fargo was born in the wild west during the cowboy and gold rush days but they aren't exactly a small local bank. I feel like the local neighborhood banks have more incentive to be customer friendly to try and compete with the big banks.
        Yep.

Support local businesses.

Comment

You can also try credit unions bro, Ive belonged to credit unions for years and always had great service and no fees. I know about 10 years ago my local credit union joined up with Geo Vista and its been great. Easy approval for loans free checking etc, just have to maintain a 5 dollar ballance in a savings account...LOL

Comment

Rip do you still get a debit card with a credit card that can be used anywhere like a regular visa? how is a credit card different from a normal bank account? thanks

Comment

Rip do you still get a debit card with a credit card that can be used anywhere like a regular visa? how is a credit card different from a normal bank account? thanks
              yes..same as any other bank:thumb:

Comment

Opened a Capitol One 360 account. No fees or maintenance. Was even able to open online without an initial deposit.

Comment

Just an update, things have run smooth with capital one. Everything was done online, took 5 minutes and its all set. Only downside is that there is no actual capitol one bank here in Cali but they have atms all over the place and I can deposit checks via the app by simply taking a pic of the check front and back. Transferring money from PayPal or direct deposit is just as easy as it was with Bank of America.

If your paying any fees at all with your checking account might want to think about giving them a try.

One thing I don't know much about is MasterCard. That's the debit card they sent me. I've only ever used Visa. Seems like visa is accepted more places no?

Comment

I think I've only gone to places that don't accept American express. Usually if they accept Visa they do MasterCard as well. At least I don't recall any places that only take Visa.

Comment

Maybe American Express is what I'm thinking of. Thanks

Comment

Maybe American Express is what I'm thinking of. Thanks
                        Yup American Express and discover cards are the ones that might not be accepted in someplaces but visa and MasterCard are everywhere.

Comment

While Visa and MasterCard are pretty much universal, I haven't had too much trouble using Discover anywhere either. I don't have an Amex card.

Comment

Working...
                          X