Alcohol, what's your flavor?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by FitnessBrat View Post
    It's a black spiced rum. You can also pair it with ginger beer for a Dark n' Stormy.
    Nice. I bought some Kraken because of the bottle and marketing. I'll need to try out some mixtures.

Comment

Agree Rado. I remember we both went through the beer phase. It's fun to try the different ones but it gets old to feel like a bloated cow.

Comment

Originally posted by Bouncer View Post
        Agree Rado. I remember we both went through the beer phase. It's fun to try the different ones but it gets old to feel like a bloated cow.
        So true brother. Honestly, when I have a beer now, at times I don't even finish it. Just don't have the desire like before. I remember you and I would post all day on great beers but I'm perfectly ok without it.

I guess for me the correlation falls into when I have drank beers in the past, I'm bloated. Something I'm very careful these days and it's attributed to just being lean. Hence why I just drink wine or gin, and even very seldom. However I do smoke ED:thumb::thumb::grin::wave:

Comment

Originally posted by rado View Post
          So true brother. Honestly, when I have a beer now, at times I don't even finish it. Just don't have the desire like before. I remember you and I would post all day on great beers but I'm perfectly ok without it.

I guess for me the correlation falls into when I have drank beers in the past, I'm bloated. Something I'm very careful these days and it's attributed to just being lean. Hence why I just drink wine or gin, and even very seldom. However I do smoke ED:thumb::thumb::grin::wave:

False. That was you and I! He barely knew what beer was in the beginning. :whistle

Comment

Originally posted by FitnessBrat View Post
            False. That was you and I! He barely knew what beer was in the beginning. :whistle
            I stand corrected :thumb:

He eventually posted some good beers though.

Comment

Comment

Is that the egg white sour? I've never heard of that!

Comment

Yes. Apparently it was popular a few decades ago and it has been forgotten by mainstream. We went to a place that is like an old speak easy known for well crafted cocktails; all fresh ingredients (no mixers in bottles) and that is how it was served.

I cringed and reluctantly sipped it and was blown away.

It's hard to find places that can or will make it properly. They use sour mix which ruins the whole thing, IMO. And very few know of the egg white.

Comment

Originally posted by blm View Post
                    Yes. Apparently it was popular a few decades ago and it has been forgotten by mainstream. We went to a place that is like an old speak easy known for well crafted cocktails; all fresh ingredients (no mixers in bottles) and that is how it was served.

I cringed and reluctantly sipped it and was blown away.

It's hard to find places that can or will make it properly. They use sour mix which ruins the whole thing, IMO. And very few know of the egg white.

That place sounds awesome. There's nothing worse than Finest Call. UGH @ mixes in a bottle. Even worse = entire drinks that are premixed. I refuse to drink something made in a giant vat. :disagree:

Comment

It's funny to see the younger crowd hell bent on getting wasted all pissed off because each drink takes a few minutes to make. If you order more than one, it could be 5-10 minutes before you get your drink because everything is done per drink. Fresh lemon squeezed, whites separated garnish cut, etc.

They don't lose money because they charge a lot more but it's worth it.

Comment

I'm making one of those soon. Looks and sounds great.

Comment

I tweak it a bit. I prefer a little less lemon juice and light agave nectar instead of simple syrup.

Comment

I tweak it a bit. I prefer a little less lemon juice and light agave nectar instead of simple syrup.
                            Noted. I will try the agave nectar.

Comment

Originally posted by rado View Post
                              I don't drink beer anymore and very rare if I do..wine or gin for me...this is my drink with gin.

Bombay Sapphire, fresh citrus, star anise alongside a small bottle of Fever-Tree premium(reduced calorie one) tonic water.
                              :thumb: splash of cran
                              Attached Files

Comment

Working...
                              X