Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• My son got into Caltech!

Just got the email today!

We're obviously ecstatic. Son's thrilled. It was one of his top 3 schools, the others being Stanford and MIT. He'll hear from MIT next week and Stanford in March.

My wife and I are heaving sighs of relief. So happy for my son - he worked incredibly hard to get to his goal.

Sent from my Nexus 5X using Tapatalk

Originally posted by Scrumhalf View Post
    Just got the email today!

We're obviously ecstatic. Son's thrilled. It was one of his top 3 schools, the others being Stanford and MIT. He'll hear from MIT next week and Stanford in March.

My wife and I are heaving sighs of relief. So happy for my son - he worked incredibly hard to get to his goal.

That's awesome. I knew he was smart from some of the comments you have made but I did not realize it was that smart!

Sent from my SM-G930R4 using Tapatalk

Comment

i drove right by Stanford about 2 weeks ago. beautiful area. so is Pasadena (caltech). fuck MIT, he'll freeze his ass off. kid don't know shit about north east winters. lol. isn't Stanfords acceptance rate insanely low? i mean even compared to MIT and Caltec.

Comment

Yeah, we want him to stay on the West Coast but he wants to apply to Harvard and Princeton too, so we'll see. He has until May to make up his mind. Not too keen on the NE winters either lol..

Stanford's acceptance rate is like 5%. MIT and Caltech are like 6-7%. So they are all pretty hard to get into.

Comment

Either of those schools for him would of been Great, I bet you're one happy dad��

I've got 8yrs before mine heads to college!!! Kids these days(my son will be 10)..talk about college even this young

Comment

Congrats to the young man!!

Comment

Originally posted by lipripper View Post
              Congrats to the young man!!
              Hopefully he won't pick up his father's anti american viewpoints at university. :D

Comment

That's awesome, congrats! Bright future for the boy.

Comment

My son got into Caltech!

Congrats scrum. He definitely got the brains of uncle beast. [emoji51]

Comment

Originally posted by BEAST View Post
                    Congrats scrum. He definitely got the brains of uncle beast. [emoji51]
                    Haha. I'll tell him to come over to your place any time he runs out of food or needs to do his laundry.

Comment

if he gets into Stanford you send him up my way and i'll teach him to pull bitches and shoot glocks. cant let him get too sissified near san fran. :D

Comment

Congrats to your son and also to two hard working parents. All of you deserve recognition. You and your wife seem like great role models. Your children are lucky to have you.

Comment

Well, all decisions came in.

He got into Caltech, UC Berkeley, UCLA and a couple of other smaller schools. He's waitlisted at MIT, Stanford and Princeton but I don't think he's going to wait on them.

He got a 4-year $30K per year scholarship at Berkeley. Hard to turn down $120K but Caltech is Caltech. Tough decision coming up.

Comment

You mean those terrible schools accepted your son but turned down a guy that is changing the world!!!?? :D

Congrats. Sounds like a bright fella you got there.

Comment

It's insane how difficult it is to get into Harvard/Stanford/Princeton, etc. My son has a 4.5 GPA, 1550 SAT, published a paper and presented his research at three international science conferences and didn't make it. I don't know what the hell it takes lol..

Being an Asian male definitely doesn't help.

Comment

Working...
                              X