London Overtakes NYC Murder Rate For First Time In History

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• London Overtakes NYC Murder Rate For First Time In History

Let's see if the 24 hours news networks pick this one up. Guess what the main murder weapon is?....KNIVES! How the fuck will the media spin this one!? My guess.. they won't spin it all, it simply wont be covered at all or it will be a quick 15 second talking point and then back to 45 minutes of "assault weapons" discussion.

As anyone with any kind of of common sense has been saying all along... Criminals, terrorists, and murderers will find a way. Banning an object is akin to putting a band-aid on melanoma..

London has overtaken New York City’s murder rate for the first time in contemporary history as the capital has been overwhelmed with a spate of stabbings.

According to a new report a recent spike in knife cirme meant February was the first month the UK capital was home to more murders than New York City.

London has endured a significant increase in knife crime, with 15 dying in February, nine of whom were aged 30 or younger. Meanwhile 14 were killed in the Big Apple.

London also suffered 22 fatal stabbings and shootings in March, higher than the 21 which took place in New York, according to the report in the Sunday Times.

Both cities have populations of similar sizes which are around 8.5 million people. While New York City’s murder rate has gone down – decreasing by around 87 per cent since the 1990s – the Big Smoke’s has simultaneously surged. London’s has increased by nearly 40 per cent in the space of three years.
    https://www.independent.co.uk/news/u...-a8283866.html

Yes it is dangerous. Not a place to go alone! My fiance just came back from there yesterday!

Sent from my SM-G935P using Tapatalk

Comment

Originally posted by Maximus38 View Post
      Yes it is dangerous. Not a place to go alone! My fiance just came back from there yesterday!

what would you say the difference is in London compared to say 10 years ago? why has crime gone up so much?

Comment

Can't say for sure. It's not do to one particular group of folks but many. Much like America. For instance there was a young girl 18 Egyptian was in Londo, Mariam was beaten in the streets so badly that she died in the hospital later. She was attacked by girls? Girls? It seems that the hearts of some people are just bad. Look at the crime rates in America.

Comment

Let's stick on topic and the article in particular. Why has NYC crime dropped 87% since the 90's while London crime has increased 40% in the last 3 years alone? Something is very wrong in the city my brother. Don't deflect with "but but but look at crime in America" argument. America has tons of problems, I don't deny that but that's not what the article is about.

Comment

Originally posted by Bouncer View Post
            Let's stick on topic and the article in particular. Why has NYC crime dropped 87% since the 90's while London crime has increased 40% in the last 3 years alone? Something is very wrong in the city my brother. Don't deflect with "but but but look at crime in America" argument. America has tons of problems, I don't deny that but that's not what the article is about.
            That's a 6 million dollar question. Without all stats on everything would one be able to come to a conclusion. Maybe there's less gangs, or maybe there's just more police presence which is a deterrent? Yes, banning guns is an argument for the clueless. As far as London I can only speculate because I don't live there.

Comment

deterrent is a good word considering basic street cops in London don't carry a firearm. time for London to get tough. need a Churchill or Thatcher type character in power. They'd shut that shit down real quick. i get tired of all these criminal apologist politicians.

Comment

deterrent is a good word considering basic street cops in London don't carry a firearm. time for London to get tough. need a Churchill or Thatcher type character in power. They'd shut that shit down real quick. i get tired of all these criminal apologist politicians.
                Agreed!

Comment

They need more knives! Everybody should carry a knife. Only thing that stops a bad guy with a knife is a good guy with one.... :)

I'll take my chances against a knife over a AR-15 all day long. Doesn't New York have very strict gun laws? Maybe it's working???

Comment

NYC ramped up their police force, and implemented "precision" policing where they stop and frisk people for weapons regularly. I believe this was just named to be unconstitutional so not sure if they are still doing it. So the reason NYC crime is lower is because Police and removing weapons from the Streets. So yes, getting rid of weapons whether that's a knife or gun or anything defined as a weapon appears to reduce murder rates. I'm not sure that this actually helps your argument, Bouncer?

https://www.csmonitor.com/USA/Justic...to-record-lows

He attributed the sharp declines to “precision” policing, which the NYPD has pioneered since the introduction of its CompStat system more than two decades ago. And along with aggressive anti-gang initiatives and a focus on getting guns off the streets, the commissioner said his department’s neighborhood policing initiatives have also strengthened ties with communities.

The drop in crime, too, comes as the NYPD is using less deadly force, has made far fewer arrests, and has dramatically curtailed the controversial stop, question, and frisk street tactic.

New York City cops stopped and frisked nearly 700,000 people, mostly young black and Latino men, in 2011. These numbers dropped to less than 46,000 in 2014, after a federal court ruled the NYPD’s stop-and-frisk procedures unconstitutional. In 2016, NYPD officers stopped roughly 12,400 people.

“Like many conservatives, I had grave concerns about curtailing the New York City police department’s controversial tactic of stopping and frisking potential suspects for weapons,” writes Kyle Smith, a critic of Mayor Bill de Blasio, in a National Review article, “We Were Wrong About Stop and Frisk.” “Crime is literally off the charts – the low end of the charts. To compare today’s crime rate to even that of ten years ago is to observe a breathtaking decline.”

Comment

Originally posted by FrankTheTank55 View Post
                      They need more knives! Everybody should carry a knife. Only thing that stops a bad guy with a knife is a good guy with one.... :)

I'll take my chances against a knife over a AR-15 all day long. Doesn't New York have very strict gun laws? Maybe it's working???
                      Not only have NYC police been removing guns from the streets, but also knives and other weapons. Don't shoot the messenger, I'm not saying I support this, but removing weapons from the street appears to be the reason for the reduced murder rate based on the data.

Bouncer will not like this data.

Comment

Guess what the main murder weapon is?....KNIVES! How the fuck will the media spin this one!?
                        There is nothing to spin. The data is showing that the police in NYC were regularly targeting and frisking people for KNIVES and taking KNIVES and other weapons off the streets, thus reducing the murder rate dramatically.

I suspect you will not like this answer, and will resort to accusing me of being anti-2nd amendment and not knowing anything about Guns. :retard:

Comment

Keiser I pray you fall on a knife you fudd fuck.

The point is there are now more murders in London then NYC. In a country with far more strict gun laws. Criminals in London have a harder time getting guns in London yet the murder rate is now higher. Can't spin it faggot.

Comment

Spoons will be next...lolo

Comment

Keiser I pray you fall on a knife you fudd fuck.

The point is there are now more murders in London then NYC. In a country with far more strict gun laws. Criminals in London have a harder time getting guns in London yet the murder rate is now higher. Can't spin it faggot.

[emoji1373]

Comment

Working...
                              X