Netflix Series : When They See Us

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by Bouncer View Post

nah but netflix exaggerates the truth. it's been proven in multiple docs they've done. they take the truth and add a dash of bullshit so it's hard for simpletons to know the difference.

i'm sure this women didn't handle this case correctly. i'm sure she could have done a million things better. but i'm also sure these fellas are not the innocent angels netflix wants to tell you they were.
    What does it matter at all about what the Central Park 5 were like? To begin with, they were all teenagers at the time, 14-16 years old. Second, they were framed for rape and murder and spent the next 5-15 years in prison. Netflix could tell me that they were all hanging out drinking 40s and smoking blunts on the corner on a school night rolling dice and selling drugs and I wouldn't feel any different about this case.

Comment

Originally posted by GotBigInBlues View Post

What does it matter at all about what the Central Park 5 were like? To begin with, they were all teenagers at the time, 14-16 years old. Second, they were framed for rape and murder and spent the next 5-15 years in prison. Netflix could tell me that they were all hanging out drinking 40s and smoking blunts on the corner on a school night rolling dice and selling drugs and I wouldn't feel any different about this case.
      it matters because i want a story told without any bias. not one trying to paint a picture that has a dash of bs. that doesn't mean I support how they were treated or framed etc. i'm not defending any one side.

Comment

Came across this one but just saved it for later. Too much stuff happening at work so I don't need the kind of stress shows like this give me. Based on this thread, I'm sure I'm gonna be pissed off as fuck. In a week's time I might dive in... can't wait.

Comment

Originally posted by Bouncer View Post

it matters because i want a story told without any bias. not one trying to paint a picture that has a dash of bs. that doesn't mean I support how they were treated or framed etc. i'm not defending any one side.
          Watch the movie before giving your opinion. You quick to go by what articles say.

Comment

Finally watched it and I was right to expect it would upset me. Thought it was well-made series, but very hard to watch, was tempted to skip some parts but eventually managed to power through.

Comment

Working...
            X