No announcement yet.

cancer sores....

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Allright, i've lived with these all my life and i hear a lot of people who don't know anything about them making dumb assumptions...
    they're commonly called canker sores, but their medical term most often used is "apthous ulcer." They are NOT contagious, and no one knows if it's a genetic thing, etc. What is known is that stress contributes to them, they often grow in the place of bites and impact injuries, they commonly take 7-14 days to heal, and they're a bitch, especially if you eat an orange.
    They will not spread to anyone else, my father has them regularly, my mother has never had one in her entire life and i'm positive they have at one time or another kissed.
    One thing that contributes heavily to them is toothpaste that uses the ingredient "sodium-lauryl-sulphate" (i KNOW i spelled that wrong). Most toothpaste brands use this ingredient, and not using it can cause a significant reduction in occurrences. I personally prefer using Zilactin-B on apthous ulcers, it will make your eyes tear with pain upon application, but it creates a think protective film for several hours that let's you live in peace.
    It's not herpes! I had these long before I had ever kissed a girl!

Comment

Heres info directly from my girlfriends doctor that she works for:

there are two types of herpes, type 1 and type 2, type 1 is typically on your mouth and type 2 is typicall on the genitals- even though it can be reversed---if someone has a cold sore on their mouth- and gives someone oral sex, they can get sores on there genitals- type 1 is normall considered non-sexually transmitted because its usually referring to sores on the mouth and lots of people get them but they can still be passed to the genitals and there very contagious

Be sure to go online and get all your medical information from insignificant sources. not to be a complete dick but you guys are completely WRONG if i was in your position i would see another doctor.

Comment

Originally posted by MuscleManMatt

there are two types of herpes, type 1 and type 2, type 1 is typically on your mouth and type 2 is typicall on the genitals- even though it can be reversed---if someone has a cold sore on their mouth- and gives someone oral sex, they can get sores on there genitals- type 1 is normall considered non-sexually transmitted because its usually referring to sores on the mouth and lots of people get them but they can still be passed to the genitals and there very contagious

Be sure to go online and get all your medical information from insignificant sources. not to be a complete dick but you guys are completely WRONG if i was in your position i would see another doctor.
        STFU

Comment

i dont know bro, i appreciate your input and your trying to help but even if i try all day long i will find nothing from any doctor, website or dentist that concurs with what you g/f says....i dont think you are understanding the difference between cold sores and canker sores.

I understand what you are saying about type 1 and type 2 herpes but i dont think you are hearing me when i say that there is no proof that canker sores are a result of herpes.....you are making reference about cold sores on someones mouth and youre not understanding that cold sores are ON the mouth and canker sores are IN the mouth.....they arent the same thing and arent caused by the same thing.

I dont wanna be a dick either but i think i will believe my doc, my dentist, and the nearly 48 hours worth of research on the internet ive done over what your g/f says.

Comment

HAHAHAHAHA, i have a similar source of information as you... the source of information i have is from my baby's mama's uncle's nephew's idiot cousin who rides the short bus...

Two entirely different things, i know the focus is on herpes, since we're all worried about STD's, but that was really indicative of your willingness to assign something from a source to whom YOU gave insufficient information, and then say "be sure to get all your medical information from insignificant sources."

It's not the dr. at fault (as you mentioned seeing another dr.), but no one can diagnose when they're given the wrong information. tell you what, ask your g/f's dr. about "apthous ulcers" and see what he says, provided you're not talking to a proctologist, as your head seems to be stuck up in your ass.

i know that sounds really offensive, but you know what? you'd be offended too if you had a harmless (and seemingly genetically transferred) condition that jackasses around the world scream "herpes" about.

you said "not to be a complete dick..." go ahead and re-analyze that closing comment yourself.

and for the record, and not just because i'm refuting what you said, if people don't know what they're talking about they shouldn't speak. you have two ears and ONE mouth for a reason. You don't hear me spouting off on what AAS's to use, because i don't know shit about them.

i'm a little perturbed about this, and i don't want to sound like i'm slamming you, but i know, essentially, i am. and i see this in a lot of other posts as well. i know there are lots of you that feel you have a lot of information to give, but be careful about the disinformation you spread, and the damage it can cause.
            Last edited by hlcn8; 02-12-06, 12:01 AM.

Comment

BTW, i've looked for where i read it from, and haven't yet found the source (medical journal of some sort - i'll post it as soon as i can find it for you), but it stated that a lack of B-vitamins increases the frequency of apthous ulcers. if you find it helps to take heavy doses of vitamin b, please let me know as i might then try it myself!

Comment

hey i have an idea lets all get on the bandwagon and flame me for trying to help out! gee i thought maybe someone who works in the medical profession of STD's might have a clue about herpes guess i was wrong. personally i dont give a shit. i thought this was a public board in which everyone is entitled to "have an opinion" guess my information wasnt what anyone wanted to hear let alone consider. also hey foghat you helped me out so much regarding my posts in the past and you write "STFU" nice bro most appreciated. hcln8 like what you wrote actually bothers me i dont take any shit someone writes online to heart its a fuckin online forum. hope things work out for the best for you and your sores my dont take that personally.

Comment

hey i have an idea lets all get on the bandwagon and flame me for trying to help out! gee i thought maybe someone who works in the medical profession of STD's might have a clue about herpes guess i was wrong. personally i dont give a shit. i thought this was a public board in which everyone is entitled to "have an opinion" guess my information wasnt what anyone wanted to hear let alone consider. also hey foghat you helped me out so much regarding my posts in the past and you write "STFU" nice bro most appreciated. hcln8 like what you wrote actually bothers me i dont take any shit someone writes online to heart its a fuckin online forum. hope things work out for the best for you and your sores my dont take that personally.
                  Hey bro -

I tell lot's of people to STFU on a daily basis. You were just beating a dead horse. Don't take it to heart. I still help other people that run their mouths too much. This whole thing is not as big of a deal as you are making it out to be...

I am going to hold my breath until this thread gets locked for its sillyness - I'm sure it won't be long so I should live if anyone cares :D....

Comment

Hey man I just felt that the information i was giving was helpfull. Hahaha trust me i dont want to make a big deal about who knows more about sores. I was on the phone with her, noticed the post, asked her a question and posted the info i got. to me the information sounded logical and worth posting however the way i may have worded it may have not been so great my fault there.

Comment

Canker sores.. One of the quickest cures is a menthol, camfor ointment. A good brand thats good for lots of medical uses is... Watkins.

Comment

Originally posted by hlcn8
                        I personally prefer using Zilactin-B on apthous ulcers, it will make your eyes tear with pain upon application, but it creates a think protective film for several hours that let's you live in peace.
                        Yeah, my brother gets really bad canker sores and he also uses Zilactin-B. I'm talkin frickin huge gaping holes in the kid's mouth. I feel sorry for him sometimes. He got them so bad once that his mouth just swelled up and he couldn't eat for a day or two. Poor kid. I'll have to mention the menthol, camfor ointment stuff...see if he's tried that.

Comment

Working...
                        X