No announcement yet.

Depression

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

I know man, I am freakin pumped about that. The last few weeks have been better. I think it was that I just needed a change and some good news for once. I certainly am looking forward to getting out of this town and back to Lubbock. I can't wait. I am glad that I am feeling better though, it was a rough 6 months. Thanks everyone for the support and the kind words.

Comment

just remember, for all the shit we go through, there is always someone going through alot worse.

Comment

Originally posted by redback View Post
        just remember, for all the shit we go through, there is always someone going through alot worse.
        I know, I feel guilty for complaining. I see people in my line of work that are at the end of their life or losing a loved one. Thats real, thats pain. I was just feeling down about my situation. It is hard sometimes but I should count my blessings and I do.

Comment

Originally posted by barbender View Post
          I know, I feel guilty for complaining. I see people in my line of work that are at the end of their life or losing a loved one. Thats real, thats pain. I was just feeling down about my situation. It is hard sometimes but I should count my blessings and I do.
          yeah i wasnt trying to make you feel guilty, just sayin.:)

Comment

Originally posted by redback View Post
            yeah i wasnt trying to make you feel guilty, just sayin.:)
            No, I know man. I really do appreciate everyone and there input. Thanks

Comment

"there are no such things as unfortunate events, it is fortunate that you came out better because of them."
              Marcus Aurelius

think about it, the only things that can hurt you, are things that you let. I know its tough, but think about your feelings as a mental wortkout, dig deep and fight through it all.

Comment

Thanks man, things have been alot better lately. I really think what I needed was a change. I was struggling with work and life and love and blah blah blah. Things took the turn I needed them too. I got a job transfer back to my home town which solves many poblems i was dealing with. Then I got into med school. I'm not the most religous cat on the block but I prayed for help and God gave it to me. Things are looking up.

Comment

Originally posted by barbender View Post
                  Yeah I hear you. Its not like I am just sitting around moping. I handle business and try to focus on moving forward. Its fine all day long but then when I get home from the gym after a long day at work,thats when it gets to me. Too much time to just sit and think really. I appreciate the encouraging words though...brother lol
                  Clinical Depression is NOT the same as being "depressed", as "I'm depressed about the recession."

I noticed it was something different when I would get up in the morning, get a cup of coffee, and sit at the table and cry OVER NOTHING...absolutely nothing. I wanted to sleep all the time, I lost interest in the things I love to do, I ached occasionally.
                  I was seeing an alcohol/substance abuse counselor at the time, and he strongly suggested I get a little "something" for the illness. I tried Prozac first...which did not help, and then came upon the Paxil CR (control-release). It was just enough to calm the waters, so to speak.
                  The way I describe my depression is that it felt as though a"veil" had covered me...pure melancolia...it was awful.
                  ...hope this helps.

Comment

Working...
                  X