Protein in urine

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by THE BOUNCER View Post
    thats really not right. protein in the urine is not a good thing. it means your kidneys are not properly filtering.
    Protein in the urine is not good at all. But, if his tests come back ok, then you really need to tell him to drink more water. I remember when I first started eating a fair amount of protein, my kidneys actually ached a little bit. I started drinking more water, and it improved. If you're not drinking enough water, the kidneys cannot flush the protein.

Comment

Originally posted by alwaysgrowing View Post
      he says he drinks close to 3 gallons of water a day
      well that is a whole different issue in itself. that is approaching dangerous levels.

Comment

for an udpate:

H got some calls for his tests today. NOthing wrong. The doctor he spoke wth said strenous exercise can cause protein in urine. But they are still sending him for one more test.

And as for the water, I didn't think he drank that much. SO i asked him to count exactly what he drank. 1.5 gallons. Doesn't seem that off.

Comment

good to hear that~!

Comment

I read through everything and nobody thought of the protien being sperm. There are small amounts of discharge sometimes found in the urine. Not supposed to take the sample right from the beginning but most places hand you a cup and say filler-up.

Comment

Originally posted by Kiev View Post
              I read through everything and nobody thought of the protien being sperm. There are small amounts of discharge sometimes found in the urine. Not supposed to take the sample right from the beginning but most places hand you a cup and say filler-up.
              his doctor found protein in his urine. not sperm.

i still don't believe that everything is perfectly normal either. you may find a very small amount of protein in the urine right after a hard workout but I doubt this guy went straight to the doc after a hard session in the gym. the protein should be out of the urine within a few hours after a hard workout. it certainly shouldnt be there a day or 2 after a workout.
              Last edited by Bouncer; 03-11-08, 08:10 AM.

Comment

his doctor found protein in his urine. not sperm.
                What do you think sperm is? (And you can think about that next time you drink your protein shake, lol)

No seriously, if the patient didn't clear the pipes properly before taking the actual sample, contamination like that is very possible. You gotta take it "midstream" as it were. Sometimes that gets screwed up.

Comment

Originally posted by OhHannah View Post
                  What do you think sperm is? (And you can think about that next time you drink your protein shake, lol)

No seriously, if the patient didn't clear the pipes properly before taking the actual sample, contamination like that is very possible. You gotta take it "midstream" as it were. Sometimes that gets screwed up.
                  i assumed that the test that the doctor takes can differentiate between sperm and the protein that would be spilling over into the urine. is that not the case?

Comment

i assumed that the test that the doctor takes can differentiate between sperm and the protein that would be spilling over into the urine. is that not the case?
                    Not with the current tests, no.

Drunk any thick, gooey protein shakes lately? :D

Comment

Originally posted by OhHannah View Post
                      Not with the current tests, no.

Drunk any thick, gooey protein shakes lately? :D
                      thats kind of sad actually. in this day and age we don't have tests that can differentiate between a potential kidney failure and fucking sperm. and yet we have spy satellites that can see a pube hair through your pants in high definition. lol

Comment

thats kind of sad actually. in this day and age we don't have tests that can differentiate between a potential kidney failure and fucking sperm. and yet we have spy satellites that can see a pube hair through your pants in high definition. lol
                        Sure, but it's a lot more cost effective for the doc to say "clear the pipes and piss some before collecting the sample" and to use a cheap and simple test than it is to aim an expensive spy satellite at your groin.

Of course there are accurate tests. Economics dictates that they don't get used at the initial diagnostic level when you just need a yes/no answer. If you get a no, then it's no. If you get a yes, then you test some more to see if it's really a problem or if the cheapie test gave a false positive.

Comment

Working...
                        X