No announcement yet.

Asthma

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

It's interesting to me that this thread popped back up. When I was at the doctor a couple weeks ago I was telling him about a wierd feeling I will get in my chest every now and then and kind of like a shortness of breath(goes away after a minute or two at the most). All of which has only been happening for the past few months or so. I got a chest x-ray just to make sure there wasn't any signs of something more serious. X-ray was fine and I might just have a small bit of asthma. He offered to give me an inhaler, but I opted not to for now because it never happens when I'm exercising.

Comment

Originally posted by Timma View Post
      For me it's definitely not asthma. I don't ever have trouble breathing and it doesn't happen all the time.

And why the hell did someone bump this damn thread?

I don't have trouble breathing either, nor does it happen all the time. Clearly, you're missing the point. ;)

Asthma comes in all different forms. My son has it as well, his is very weird. He will wake up (always in the middle of the night or early morning) and hardly be able to catch a breath. He makes a horrible bark sound and each breath is very labored. Basically has to be rushed to the ER for heavy steroids. But it comes out of nowhere, no coughing, no signs. :noo:

Comment

Originally posted by Shibby View Post
        It's interesting to me that this thread popped back up. When I was at the doctor a couple weeks ago I was telling him about a wierd feeling I will get in my chest every now and then and kind of like a shortness of breath(goes away after a minute or two at the most). All of which has only been happening for the past few months or so. I got a chest x-ray just to make sure there wasn't any signs of something more serious. X-ray was fine and I might just have a small bit of asthma. He offered to give me an inhaler, but I opted not to for now because it never happens when I'm exercising.
        Just like a lil twinge in your chest? I get that two - it's weird, not while lifting/cardio - but the coughing and this combo makes me wonder what it is.

Comment

As a child I was diagnosed with asthma, but I never needed an inhaler and I never had an attack. In short, they were wrong. I have always lived in a dusty home and that combined with the fact that my parents smoke, causes a lot of dust in our home. This causes me to develop a slight allergy to dust in which my nose becomes clogged and the mucous eventually ends up in my throat causing a cough.

You probably don't have asthma. Have you ever had an attack? Have you ever had serious trouble with breathing? I would guess that this is something similar to what I have.

Comment

Oh, this is from forever ago. NM if you feel as though the problem is solved.

Comment

Originally posted by NewbieChris View Post
              As a child I was diagnosed with asthma, but I never needed an inhaler and I never had an attack. In short, they were wrong. I have always lived in a dusty home and that combined with the fact that my parents smoke, causes a lot of dust in our home. This causes me to develop a slight allergy to dust in which my nose becomes clogged and the mucous eventually ends up in my throat causing a cough.

You probably don't have asthma. Have you ever had an attack? Have you ever had serious trouble with breathing? I would guess that this is something similar to what I have.
              You just helped mine out bro - I've been doing cleanouts and shit and I figured that was the reason behind it. I'm still gonna have myself checked out because it really is a bitch and I gotta be at the docs anyway.

Comment

Originally posted by FitnessBrat View Post
                I don't have trouble breathing either, nor does it happen all the time. Clearly, you're missing the point. ;)
                Guess I am :retard:.

Comment

Originally posted by rado
                  Dude...Everything seems interesting to you; wtf....If the sun shines on the West, it's interesting to you, if the birds are flying, you find it interesting...stfu already:retard:
                  Feel free to keep your bubble small and mind closed. I will continue to expand mine. Continue to spam the board with your mindless dribble and enjoy your hypnosis. Thanks :agreed:
                  Last edited by Shibby; 08-24-09, 06:03 PM.

Comment

Originally posted by FitnessBrat View Post
                    I was just diagnosed with probable asthma. I'm pretty flabbergasted with this, because I never knew you could just "get" asthma at any time? I thought it was basically something you were born with, or exercise-induced, etc.

Someone brought up clen and ephedrine, and if it could have led to cause of this. I've haven't used either in great quantities, but it did make me wonder.

Thoughts? Probably just a coincidence?
                    CLENBUTEROL in many countries has been prescribed for asthma for years.
                    DO you smoke or around any environmental concerns like pollutuion,,asbestos,,etc?

Comment

Working...
                    X