Clear All

• The body's limits - Ron Coleman

Watch "Ronnie Coleman Posing in Gym 1999 (Best condition)" on YouTube
    https://youtu.be/6hNtze_hV1s

No hint of any issues here in 1999.

He did;

1) take three months off each year
    2) get regular deep tissue massage and probably chiro
    3) supplemented with every vitamin available along with good food and aas gh etc

Yet he's still fucked up atm

I've looked back over stuff I've done and where u was at full tilt fir like six months I would be regularly;

Bent row 400 lbs for sets
    Dl off the floor 500 lb fir about 11 reps
    Dumbell shoulder press 155 s for sets

These were great excercises but probably aggravated an existing asymmetry.

I dunno, it's a weird thing, I've had great great times lifting and thankfully I'm back at it now but even though the body and the ego will say yes. My mind us gonna say no to certain things now.

Why is Dorian not so fucked up is my question? He never did squats right? I'm convinced it's those insane squats that fucked Ronnie.

Comment

Dorian was always single minded.

He squatted early on like everyone, up to 660lb for sets, but it wasn't biomechanically suited and he tore muscles around his hips so he stopped. Got more development from leg press and hacks.

The Dorian row is at 45 degrees in his own words this puts your spine in a stronger position where you can still hammer the lats and the guy would row 450 lb after two other excercises. By the time he finished his back routine with deads he could only handle 400 lb and he wouldn't go lower that just below the knee.

He never flat benched the fucker put blocks under the flat bench to create an incline just off flat.

He tore muscles on his limbs but his back is fine because he understood biomechanic s and protected it

Very very clever man

Comment

If you have any specific questions that we don't know I can ask him. Ages ago I sent him this vid on pm. I asked him a question but was also seeking praise as it was the first time I'd inclined 176 lb dumbell Watch "Incline dumbell press" on YouTube
        https://youtu.be/-kSqnofJZgM

His response " you really need to be getting at least six reps unassisted to stimulate hypertrophy, and ensure its all going through the muscle you're working. Bodybuilding is a mental game not physical DY

Lol I took that as meaning "you're going too heavy "

Comment

Yea me and Dorian agree. Your dB "fly's" were something to behold.. :D

Fella does incline presses and calls them fly's. Dildo.

Comment

Those weren't the flues lol

Comment

155's for DB shoulder press? Thats damn freaking impressive.

Comment

Originally posted by epix00 View Post
                I've known Mr.I for a long time. He is a big strong dude. No question about it. BUT.. his form and lifts aren't exactly what you would call precision. He once claimed to be able to do 125lb incline fly's. I doubted his claim so he posted a vid for proof. In this vid there was not a single fly done. it was incline db press with palms facing in and back arched at an angle that defies physics. :rofl:

i'd be willing to guarantee that his so called 155lb shoulder press was more of an incline chest/shoulder combo press.

now with that said, he clearly got results. but I also believe that style of lifting led to his current issues and it probably wasn't needed. i'd bet his delts would be the exact same size with 80lb db's and proper form.

Comment

Originally posted by Bouncer View Post
                  I've known Mr.I for a long time. He is a big strong dude. No question about it. BUT.. his form and lifts aren't exactly what you would call precision. He once claimed to be able to do 125lb incline fly's. I doubted his claim so he posted a vid for proof. In this vid there was not a single fly done. it was incline db press with palms facing in and back arched at an angle that defies physics. :rofl:

i'd be willing to guarantee that his so called 155lb shoulder press was more of an incline chest/shoulder combo press.

now with that said, he clearly got results. but I also believe that style of lifting led to his current issues and it probably wasn't needed. i'd bet his delts would be the exact same size with 80lb db's and proper form.
                  Iol Watch "110lb incline dumbbell flyes" on YouTube
                  https://youtu.be/vQrnWo4L7xQ
                  And I've done the same when bigger and stronger with 145

I have no video proof of my dumbell shoulder press but here's one of a behind neck press with 300 lb and u would add I've done this for ten reps before t Watch "140kg BNP" on YouTube
                  https://youtu.be/o6qKd0CqIXA

Comment

Originally posted by epix00 View Post
                    Thanks bro

Comment

By comparison Watch "Arnold Schwarzenegger - Dumbell Fly" on YouTube
                      https://youtu.be/871VTEF7qIY

Comment

You do realize you've now compared yourself to Ronnie and Arnold in this thread right?

Your on gh I believe. Don't you love the effect gh has on the mind? Delusions of grandeur. I always get that on gh.

Your a beast bro, no doubt. But let's not get ridiculous about things. :D

Comment

Hahaha that's funny

Comment

Love ya brother. Not many people inspire me but I definitely always have you on the mind when I'm training trying to get bigger. No homo.

Comment

For the record, I've shoulder pressed 176 lb dumbells and inclined 200

Comment

Working...
                              X