No announcement yet.

Tanning bed... how often?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

if you find the need to rotate during your tanning session to keep an even tan, then there is someting wrong with the bed. bad starters, bad bulbs, bad wiring/electrical output, etc... i've been involved with the industry for over 12 years now and i still laugh at all the things i hear people say about tanning salons :)

Comment

Originally posted by fitness-girl
      lol it has nothing to do w/an uneven output of power, were talking about the white stripe you get down your sides, and the white spots you get (pressure points tailbone and shoulder blades) you get...Hence needing to rotate
      all the beds i've ever bought completely surround the tanner. i guess you must be using the clamshell-type beds that are open on both sides? i didn't think salons actually still bought those anymore. as for pressure points... as long as there is adequate airflow within the bed; you should be able to just raise that point of your body off the acrylic for just a few seconds to rectify that problem... not a complete rotation. it's the lack of oxygen to the skin that prevents that "pressure-point" from getting tan.

Comment

Originally posted by GearTripper
        all the beds i've ever bought completely surround the tanner. i guess you must be using the clamshell-type beds that are open on both sides? i didn't think salons actually still bought those anymore. as for pressure points... as long as there is adequate airflow within the bed; you should be able to just raise that point of your body off the acrylic for just a few seconds to rectify that problem... not a complete rotation. it's the lack of oxygen to the skin that prevents that "pressure-point" from getting tan.

I think you really have a vaild point.. but.. one of the salons i used to tan at.. had 4 BRAND NEW beds and they still did that.. but i have moved to a upper class salon its more money but the bed is longer and wide and its faster compared regular beds.

LC

Comment

I don't tan anymore but I was like a fish outta water when I did. I rarely laid in the same position for 5 minutes. I used many different kinds of beds, but I found the stand up to be the most efficient in giving a nice even tan.

As for the lotions...I used them most of the time but I wonder how important they really are. I never could apply lotion to my back but I don't think it tanned any differently than the rest of my body.

For a while tanning was turning my nail polish yellow (I do the pink and white acrylic french look). The girl at the salon gave me some clear polish that's made special for women who tan and it works great. If your salon doesn't offer it, you can find it at most of the beauty supply stores.

Comment

I work at a tanning salon I tan at least every other day.
            Lotions are good to use to help keep your skin from drying out
            there is a lotion that i use after i shower its a tinted moisturizer helps keep your tan longer

Comment

I like the ones with the moisturizer in it! WHAT'S funny is I found the good tanning lotion at the 99 cents store, AND the tanning salon sells it for $30 THE same one, SO YES the are all the same to me, I just like to feel soft after not dry. I tan at least 2 times a wk, during winter I slow down cause I am on the water alot, HEY ARE YOU THE ONE WHO POSTED ME AT THE OTHER PLACE! IF so I posted you back.(Private message) I was working out of town. GO CHECK IT OUT OK! MEOWWWWWWWWWWWW!

Comment

Originally posted by cowgirl
                I just tan. I don't use any lotions for tanning I think it's a waste of money. Just use lotion after you shower to keep your skin from drying out.

I do like you, a bunch of sessions till I get my base, then once a week is usually enough depending on your skin type.
                lotions do work though! they accelerate the tan and help keep it longer. ever try Climax? that's my fav

Comment

Originally posted by lilmrsmexican
                  I work at a tanning salon I tan at least every other day.
                  Lotions are good to use to help keep your skin from drying out
                  there is a lotion that i use after i shower its a tinted moisturizer helps keep your tan longer
                  What brand do you use and how much do you sell it for? (just cruious)
                  -Salons in my area are sooo expensive.

Comment

Originally posted by TrippersGirl
                    -Salons in my area are sooo expensive.

good thing you get all your lotion for free then huh ;)

Comment

I use the stand up machines. It only takes 9 minutes and they have loops on the top to hook our hands so ou tan on the sides equally. On the beds I get marks by my shoulder blades and talibone where I contact the bed. And besides, most beds arent wide enough for my shoulders.

Comment

Tanning is great if you are wise about it. Some people tan entirely too much and turn out beat ass red or a completely different race. It concerns me that we abuses our bodies this way, but I dont completely knock it. I do it, on occasion so I dont look like a dead person. ;)

Comment

Yes tanning beds work, but my advice is to not overdo it....

A lot of people believe they have to go a lot to get a beautiful tan. I don't think so...even for people like me who are fair. I am fair-skinned, but tan fairly well and I use a lotion that is has a heavy bronzer. I always recommend a lotion w/bronzer to people, it gives your skin more color, and keeps you out of the tanning bed longer. I only go once or twice a week and I'm sure most of my tan is fake, but I feel like I'm saving my skin that way and I still have a beautiful tan.

IMO the expensive lotions are the best and I've used both. I think in choosing the right lotion, also depends on your skin type and how well you will tan. Right now I am using Chocolait l ' Orange by Cote D Azure, this stuff is great!! My hubby hadn't tanned in forever and was so white, and when he came out he looked like he had spent the entire weekend at the beach!:D You can find it in pretty much any tanning salon and its not too expensive.

I really shouldn't repeat it but, moisturize baby....it makes tan lots longer...
                          Last edited by redMachchick; 02-20-04, 08:13 PM.

Comment

Originally posted by redMachchick
                            Right now I am using Chocolait l ' Orange by Cote D Azure, this stuff is great!!
                            Mmmm...I used to use that too. It leaves your skin very soft and it smells so wonderful!

Comment

I have used the Ambrosia level one and two here recently.....about to need to get some more.

Comment

Working...
                              X