Here is a pic of me finally

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by ZHowitzer!
    Hey SC...I used to have a similar problem...except mine also involved my shoulders being a little "over" b/c of being a collegiate Cheerleader..(while BP was close to 400 I would use 315 for a set of 5 on military press)

I eventually overcame the problem by focusing on the correct anitomical movement for my desired result.

if your goal is to BP heavy wt then so be it...but if your goal is to dev your chest then you MUST focus on the exercise not the weight.

I would urge you to back off of the wt that your currently using by about 25% and focus on your movement. While on the flat, incline, decline, cables etc...grab the wt then hit full ext....at that point lock your shoulders down and back (grip a pencil with your traps) and flex your pecs. then LOCK your shoulders and procede with the movement ...while your doing so visualize your chest and move through the exercise as your were infront of the mirror...feeling each fiber fire. DONOT focus on moving the weight but moreso on moving your muscle through it's functional range (i.e. locking your arms isn't always needed when working chest...this IS NOT a powerlifting meet).

I have trained NUMEROUS clients to use this method and almost always achieve very favorable results.

good luck bro!
    LOL, you sound like me bro. That is the same advice that I give people because that is what I already do. it is sound advice though that everyone should heed, but sadly that still does not work as well as I had hoped over the years.

Comment

Wow, looks like we have two stonecolds on these boards now :D

SC, i can sympathise with you, I have the same problem training chest. I feel nothing except with cable crossovers and sometimes dumbell flyes. Bench press really kills my tris and shoulders, my chest feels nothing. But i will try what you say and take the weight down a couple of notches and really focus on the chest contraction. Lets hope it has more benefit.

What are you going to do differently this summer to try and get more chest development?

Comment

Originally posted by Face
        Wow, looks like we have two stonecolds on these boards now :D

SC, i can sympathise with you, I have the same problem training chest. I feel nothing except with cable crossovers and sometimes dumbell flyes. Bench press really kills my tris and shoulders, my chest feels nothing. But i will try what you say and take the weight down a couple of notches and really focus on the chest contraction. Lets hope it has more benefit.

What are you going to do differently this summer to try and get more chest development?
        well this morning I had a great workout. I am going to do my shoulders before chest which seems to help for whatever reason. plus I did hammer strength bench this morning and I dropped my weight a lot and it felt awesome. I don't know if its because I went back on an eq cycle but it was awesome. hopefully this works out for me.

Comment

... hopefully this works out for me
          I hope it works too - for your sake, because if we don't start seeing results, I fear some serious trash talk will be heading your way :D

Comment

Originally posted by TPTrash
            I hope it works too - for your sake, because if we don't start seeing results, I fear some serious trash talk will be heading your way :D
            followed by some serioud ass kicking-LOL :D

Comment

Before I say anything more, which one of us will be on the receiving end ? LOL

Comment

Originally posted by TPTrash
                Before I say anything more, which one of us will be on the receiving end ? LOL
                I will give you one guess and it aint me. :rofl:

Comment

OK, fine, I just wanted to make sure where I stood... because I don't think I'll be able to sit for very long ;)

Comment

Originally posted by Face
                    Cool, they look a lot bigger man. I am sure there are people with much bigger arms that don't look half as good. Your triceps are particularly impressive :)
                    yup, correct. I got a frined who juices the whole time, the guy is big but not as good as me. He has some 19"inch arms, while mine are 18". I tell u that even him ,tells me mine look huge cause theeri more ripped and developed. He has them just bulky, with no bicep, strange, has no peak in it.

But yeah Stone, thats awesome bro, keep up the good work :D

Comment

Lol, only 18 inches juice, don't bring those twigs round here :)

Comment

You guys who say you have trouble feeling your chest contract when training, I know you prob heard it a thousand times b4 but flyes work f***king wonders for me, cable or dumbell. Also when you bench, be it flat or incline, or decline, try changing the hand positions on the bar, like wider or narrower. You can also try variations with where the bar meets your body, you can bring it to your neck or you could bring it to your nipples or anywhaere in between. If you have the correct position you should definately feel the contraction, and if all else fails then put the weight up. Even when you cheat the weight up, if the position is right u will feel your chest burn. I always change it to keep shocking em and i get the best chest pumps ever, dumbells or barbells.

Comment

Looks like alot of hard work. Great job!

thanx

Comment

Dont get all excited yet sc. You are very informed about AS. Although, in my humble opinion you really gotta step your game up as far as CHEST-ABS.

Comment

Uh oh we got a newbie trash talker.

Comment

Its polite criticism, I am sure stonecold won't mind.....

Comment

Working...
                                X