Contest of One?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Contest of One?

Three years ago, I would have never imagined myself joining a fitness related message board, let alone post my pics. I definately consider my "After" pic as a "Work in Progress".
    Attached Files

And a couple of months ago...
    Attached Files

Comment

Good work. Welcome to the board.

Comment

Outstanding transformation! You should be very proud and going by your name I would say you are! :P

Comment

Impressive, looking very fit, definatly a new person.

Comment

WOW Great work .....Keep up the good work
            Have you met your goal yet?

Comment

Congratulations on the amazing transformation! I think readers here including myself would be very interested in the details of your diet and workout that enabled this. Please do post and share your knowledge.

Comment

Wow! You look awsome. Def a hottie!

Comment

Thats' amazing.... You are definately an inspiration, nice work

Comment

OMG, that is an awesome transformation. I bet your husband doesn't know what to think!! Keep up the good work-doesn't it feel good to get in shape? I know I could never go back to my before status!

Comment

Originally posted by urso8up
                      WOW Great work .....Keep up the good work
                      Have you met your goal yet?
                      What a warm welcome. Goals, goals, goals..... Let's see, I am 5'3 was a size 20 and weighed 204 lbs. I have no idea what my bf % was. My original goals were to reach either 135 lbs or a size 6.

I am now 147 lbs, size 6, 16% bf, and 124 lbs of lean body mass. My goals have changed over the past couple of years. I am now working on fine tuning my diet. I want to get my bf down to about 12% and my weight to about 128 lbs. I want to be cut enough so that anyone who asks if I work out would have to be an obvious idiot.

There is a local contest in Oct that I'm considering. If I decided to do it, I'll start my diet on the 26th, aim for 122 lbs, 8-10% bf, work on my shoulders and back.

I enjoy life so much more now!!!!!!

Comment

Originally posted by Scrumhalf
                        I think readers here including myself would be very interested in the details of your diet and workout that enabled this. Please do post and share your knowledge.
                        Gosh, I was overweight for 10 years and tried every pill, diet, and exercise video. One day, out of nowhere I took a look at all my terrible habits. Fast food was the worst. I would stop for something to eat on my way to class and then again on my way home. I was putting fast food in my body 8-10 times a week, easily. I challenged myself to go one week without stopping for food on the way to school. It was ok to still get it on the way home. The week went by easily. I couldn't believe that I cut my consupmtion in half and didn't even miss it. The following week, I challenged myself that my fast food selections would include chicken instead of beef. Another easy week went by. The third week, I dropped either the soda or fries from my meal, the fourth week I tried getting just the chicken sandwich or a salad. By the end of the 1st month, I was practically weaned off of fast food and I lost 10lbs. For the next 4 months I would incorporate a healthy habit, or drop a bad one as weekly challenges. I always made my challenges attainable and realistic so that I never set myself up for failure. I also knew that I was not going to live the rest of my life without pizza, beer, or chocolate.
                        I didn't include fitness until the third month. I worked out at home with a fitness video for about 8 months before I joined the local YMCA. I LOVE the gym. I enjoy doing cardio, listening to my music while the sweat pours off of me but the weights are my passion. I crave failure. Pushing myself further than I had been before. Because my drive is stronger than my body, sometimes I have to force myself to take an extra day or two for rest. I'm tweaking my routine right now trying to find the right one for the moment.
                        Mondays 30-45 min cardio biceps and triceps
                        Tuesdays softball
                        Wed 30-45 min cardio legs
                        Thurs shoulders (legs usually too sore for cardio)
                        Fri 30 min cardio back
                        Sat softball practice chest
                        Sun 30 min cardio softball practice

I have 2-3 solid exercises that I do with each session and then compliment them with 2 different ones every week. So my workouts are somewhat consistent but not the same. Wondering what the pro's and con's to that approach might be.

Comment

Originally posted by BBAddict
                          I bet your husband doesn't know what to think!!
                          That man got exactly what he deserved!!! For 10 years, he never said anything negative or abusive to me. When I couldn't stand to look at myself in the mirror, he still wanted me and he's not one of those guys that likes fat women either. He left for overseas when I first started losing weight. Even though we kept in constant touch through email, I never told him about the progress I was making. When I picked him up at the airport 5 months and 50lbs later, he walked right past me!! The poor man was only home for 3 days before he had to leave for a 10 week stay in San Diego and his jaw never came up off the floor. I think the 10 weeks went longer than the 5 months because he knew what he had waiting at home for him. Now I love going places with him, and being a trophy wife!!!

Comment

Good work!

Comment

Very impressive! Welcome to Superior Muscle.

Comment

Working...
                              X