No announcement yet.

VENOMX UPDATE: 2.5 weeks out!!!

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Thank you for the input, ironicly that is our exact tanning regimen, except im going to start with the protan thursday morning after an exfoliation bath. then on show day we have dream tan 2. And will add pam if necessary.

Its hard to communicate over computers because there is no inflection or tone. I have no animosity towards you at all.

I do have question that you can help me with though, how the hell do you do the lat spreads with oil on and keep your hands from slipping off? I'm going to start practicing with the oil on so it won't be a surprise.

Comment

Originally posted by Lmg2701
      Oh, 1 more thing. I think in another post you said you were doing an NPC show in the Novice division?

If that is the case the lights are under 164.25

Middles: 164.25-188.25

Heavies: 188.25 and greater

(I may be 1 pound off on these but no more than that)

You said you were shooting for 176?

So that means you either decided to do the open division (where the cut off for middles is 176) or you may have the weights mixed up for novice. Just wanted to make sure. Good luck again bro!
      MS novice divisions are different. novice is for first time competitors and lightweight cut off is 176. There are only two weight divisions.

Our Junior division is what you consider novice

The way they set the weights up is a double edged sword for because i'll be at the top of my weight class for novice, then the rest of the summer i'll be smack in the middle, of the middleweights. But as long the conditioning and overall look is good i should be ok.
      Last edited by Venom X; 05-25-06, 01:31 PM.

Comment

Bro the lat spread with oil is a bitch lol......

Right before I go on stage I try to make a little dry spot on my side (very little) and I try to dry my hands as well. The whole point is to not fuck up your tan but give yourself enough room to have something dry to grab onto. You'll have a little while before you go on stage to practice it a few times and then you'll see what I mean, but yes, it is very difficult to lean back and hit that pose and not have your hands slip from your side.

Comment

Hi there everybody thought i would give an update since i haven't posted in a while,

3 DAYS OUT! Today is my last depletion workout to polish off that glycogen. Carb depletion is going well my brain has all but shut off, very cloudy and hard to think but im still getting by.

Everything seems to be spot on, im sub 4% bf, water is falling off nicely so far.

Weighed in this morning at 177lb cut off weight for my division is at 176.25 so i should have no problem hitting that by friday night.

I'm nervous and excited with anticipation, just gotta be patient now and let my body do the rest.

Thanks for all the support. I'll update with Results and pics Saturday.

Comment

Venom, what show and where in MS. I might make the trip. I'm in chocolate city.

Comment

Good luck bro...

Comment

www.npcsouthernclassic.com

thanks guys

Comment

I think u need to eat and lift for a few more years. U look good, but NPC national qualifers are pretty big shows. Good luck none the less.

Comment

i am competing in the novice division for first time competitors, i think i will hold my own. The national qualifier is for the open division which is a whole different game.

Comment

Weighed in!:

Cut off for Novice lightweight 176.25

My weight: 176.00 haha, damn that was close lol. I let out a loud woohoo.

I doubt anybody will get closer than that, already started my carb up, feeling good about it, saw some of my competition, i think its going to come down to a battle of conditioning.

Comment

romgaroharfhehfor... hold on let me take the candy bar out of my mouth. lol Aight guys got some results... no photos yet though.

I got second in my division.... lost it by 1 point! grrr it was a dead heat with the winner, i had better conditioning but he had a better developed chest which i was lacking. Anyways lotta jibba jabba about it, the head judge said he was shocked to see i didn't win and that he had me in first too... He said the only thing that he thought it could have been was that some of my poses needed some slight tweeking which, he himself is going to work with me on to achieve exactly what the judges are looking for.

For me that helped ease the pain a little to know that it wasn't my physique or conditioning that lost it but something that i could easily change for an improvement. All in all it comes down to the judges, all i can do is present myself the best way possible and let them decide, and in this case i just needed to convince 1 more judge i was the best and it didn't happen. Live, Learn, Improve.

But not to discredit the winner he did a great job and i told him i would rather lose a close one to a great athlete than come in and blow everyone out of the water. So mad props to the guy, I'll take my 2nd place and the motivation that comes with it into my next comp this weekend and try to improve on my weak points.

I am a little disappointed but only because i set myself up to be, this is the only competition that i went into expecting to win. Now that its behind me i am proud of what i accomplished, my conditioning and what i have learned that i will take into the next comps. More good things to come im sure. All i can do is control the controlables and let the judges take care of the rest.

Oh and i got to meet the CHICSTER!!!!! mwahahahaha

by far the coolest bodybuilder i ever met, excellent spokesman and rollmodel for the sport. Thanks for taking the time to chat with me Bob it really meant alot.

Comment

Congrats bro - you looked good in that shot with Bob.

PM me the photographers info when they get their pictures up. There were one or two people I met in my last show that were going to be there and would like to know what they looked like. I think one of them would have been in your class unless he missed the cutoff...

Comment

congrats bro..2nd place in your first show is damn good.

Comment

Working...
                            X