Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Before/after: From fat to muscular in 5 mos!

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

CONGRATS on Making such great gains

That one nice, bigger body you built there man.
    Way to show how its done!

Comment

Outfuckingstanding bro. Keep up the good work my only comment is hit the wheels harder so they balance with the rest of your upper body.. Right now your upper body if looking a little too large for your legs.

Comment

Suggestion: To build mass you need to go high weight low reps (4-10 tops). If you can do more then 8-10 reps raise the weight.

More protein, moderate low carbs, moderate fat

You got it right on working 1 body part per week.

Make a diet and training log to track progress. BB is a science and the more info you record the easier it will be to know exactly which variable is causing which reaction....tweaking your diet and training will be much easier and more precise to reach your goals quicker and most efficiently.

Comment

Thanks for the advice and the comments. I recently calculated calories and fat, carb and protein grams of my first diet, where I lost 60lbs in 5 mos. Now I'm trying to cut but add more lean mass, so my caloric intake has gone from a low of 1900 calories a day (old diet) to about 3500 calories a day (a comparison follows). I was wondering whether anyone had any comments or advice re the new diet...thanks. I just started this intensive diet and training regime over the past two weeks. I'm super strict on the diet during the week, and enjoy a cheat lunch and cheat dinner on the weekend (on different days). I've also worked in the workout schedule I developed in conjunction with the diet. Thanks.

DIET TOTALS COMPARISON

CAL PROT CARB FAT
          1/03 - 5/15 1926 262.9 111.5 41.8 (60lb weight loss in 5 mos)
          1/26 - 3401 344.2 340.8 94.1

DIET commenced 1/26/04

Weights: 7:30-8:45am (1 bodypart per day: back, shoulders/traps, rest, legs, chest, bis/tris, rest)
          Precor Stairmaster: 8:40-9:00am
          Office is next door: 9:30am

Meal #1 7:00am 2 scoops whey protein (Designer GlycerLEAN) (190 cal, 70g prot, 4g carbs, 3g fat)
          1/2 cup oatmeal (Quaker Oats) (150cal, 5g prot, 27g carb, 3g fat)
          1 tablespoon fresh peanut butter (JIF stats: 102 cal, 4g prot, 3.5g carb, 1.5g fat)
          1 tablespoon flaxseed oil (generic flax oil stats: 135cal, 15g fat)

#2 9:30am 2 scoops of NitroTech (220 cal, 40g prot, 3g carb, 3g fat)
          1 tablespoon or 5 chewable GNC tablets of glutamine(negligible)
          1/2 bottle of Ultra Fuel (half of 180z/540ml liq Fruit Punch stats: 200 cal, 50g carbs)

#3 12:00pm 8 egg whites (134 cal, 28.1g prot, 2.7g carb, 0g fat)
          1 can (6.5 oz) water-rinsed tuna (236cal, 43.4g prot, 0g carb, 5.5g fat)

#4 2:30pm 6.5 ounce chicken breast (203 cal, 42.5g prot, 0g carb, 2.2g fat)
          OR Bilinski's chick sausages (210cal, 27g prot, 3g carb, 10.5g fat)
          OR Cas Gourm chick sausages (generic stats: 292cal, 32.5g prot, 4.1g car, 16.2g fat)
          OR 6.5 oz tuna or cooked ground white meat turkey
          1 cup (8 oz) cooked brown rice pasta (800 cal, 20g prot, 172g carb, 0g fat)
          salad (negligible) OR steamed/raw vegetables (not calculated in caloric totals)

#5 5:00pm 2 scoops of NitroTech (220 cal, 40g prot, 3g carb, 3g fat)
          1 tablespoon or 5 chewable GNC tablets of glutamine(negligible)
          1/2 bottle of Ultra Fuel (half of 180z/540ml liq Fruit Punch stats: 200 cal, 50g carbs)

Abs, calves/forearms: 5:45-6:05pm (2-3 nights per week)
          Lap swim: 6:10-7:05pm OR yoga, pilates class (1-3 nights per week each)
          Whirlpool/sauna: 7:05-7:20pm (with lap swim only)

#6 8:00pm 6.5 ounce chicken breast (203 cal, 42.5g prot, 0g carb, 2.2g fat)
          OR beef (broiled ground sirloin 423cal, 58.1g prot, 0g carb, 21.1g fat)
          salad (negligible)
          1 grannysmith apple (1 med generic apple stats: 74 cal, .3g prot, 19.1g carb, .5g fat)

CAL PROT CARB FAT
          Meal #1 577 79 34.5 22.5
          Meal #2 445 40 53 3
          Meal #3 395 71.5 2.7 5.5
          Meal #4 1137 62.5 172 17.2
          Meal #5 445 40 53 3
          Meal #6 412 42.8 19.1 38.8
          3411 335.8 334.3 90

Comment

nice work

Comment

Awesome job dude. Much love on that transformation

Comment

Just a quick update - following this board's advice, plus doubling my caloric intake and upping my cardio seems to be working wonders; have dropped 5lbs and 2 pants sizes this past month while thickening my torso noticeably. Overall power, energy and recuperation have improved. Have been hitting legs, traps and lower back extra hard and am starting to see a difference. Will post new "afters" in a few months.

Thanks all, for the kind comments and advice.

Comment

Originally posted by babs
                  andre?
                  Oooo man that`s cold !! BUt I thought the very same thing at first.

Anyway, Awsome transformation Bro !!:)

Comment

THAT.......IS AWESOME!!!!!!!!!!:D :D

....I wish I could stick to my diet, you obviously did!!! ARRRGH!!

Comment

Thanks again for the compliments (though I don't get the "Andre" reference, if anyone cares to enlighten me, feel free to send me a pm).

Again, the increased calories are really making a difference. Some bodybuilders at the gym suggested I up 'em to 5,000, but that's a little extreme for me at the moment; I think I'd put on too much fat, and feel I'd have to add more cardio (feel free to contradict :)) to counteract the calories, which I don't have the energy for!

I've also been upping my poundages, and have endured a rite of passage - my first training injury! In a ferocious and complacent mood I was benching heavy for too many reps and strained the area between my upper inner bicep and my armpit (so much for my knowledge of general anatomy), so I've been training very light this past week and will hopefully be back up to moderate weight next week. A minor setback!

Comment

Good work Blender! I've always found that getting the right diet is more than half the battle. You seem to have that well under control :) Keep us posted and good luck

Comment

Thanks guys. Still trying to find that balance between bulked and ripped. Here's a pic of my pecs when I was ripped; dig those striations at 170something! Now, if I can just maintain those at 190something...
                          Attached Files

Comment

Speaking of striations, the delts are the first and last place they show on me. Here they show up even despite the flash. Sorry 'bout the locale, but outside of the lifeguard I don't know anyone to ask to take pics. Does anyone else have this problem?
                            Attached Files

Comment

Yep, there's a face on top of that body - sleep-deprived and soaked to the skin. If I get some ink maybe I'll be a complete package.
                              Attached Files

Comment

Working...
                              X