No announcement yet.

PRE-Workout Question

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

I usually work out right away in the morning when I get up. I eat a banana or piece of toast and then work out about 20-30 minutes later.

I work out, then I have Satur8 right after my last set and then shower and have a ON Protein shake. I then dress and eat breakfast.

Should I be eating more before I work out or is it ok to get most of the nutrients right after the workout? Isn't that when the body will be craving them?

V

Comment

I typically need more calories just to get myself going before the workout-I have typically started the day with a whey protein shake and 1 cup of rolled oats about 45 minutes before I workout.

Comment

Originally posted by BBAddict
        I typically need more calories just to get myself going before the workout-I have typically started the day with a whey protein shake and 1 cup of rolled oats about 45 minutes before I workout.
        Do you then have another protein shake after the workout or how many of shakes themselves do you consume in a day?

Comment

Yeah, I do a protein shake with ON Pro Complex afterward along with more oatmeal with honey in it. that way I get simple and complex carbs and good protein source. That's usually it for shakes for the day-if I do anymore it would be a casein shake before bed.

Comment

Working...
          X