Expense of food

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Expense of food

How much do you spend on food? I personally spend over $120 per week. I also eat more than your average person. I need the protein carbs and some veggies. The more I work the more I eat also. My calories increase alot when I do any phsyical labor. I can eat one roasted chicken a pound of whole wheat pasta a day and still loose wieght. I buy in bulk always.
    Hehe Ok well It's all balanced out. What I really want to know is How much are you guys spending on food and how much do you eat?

Originally posted by Kiev
    How much do you spend on food? I personally spend over $120 per week. I also eat more than your average person. I need the protein carbs and some veggies. The more I work the more I eat also. My calories increase alot when I do any phsyical labor. I can eat one roasted chicken a pound of whole wheat pasta a day and still loose wieght. I buy in bulk always.
    Hehe Ok well It's all balanced out. What I really want to know is How much are you guys spending on food and how much do you eat?
    If I stopped and figured that out I'd break down in tears. It's alot. :bbq:

Comment

I have been doing this for so long now that I have it down to a science. I eat the same things every day and buy in bulk. I bet I eat more clean food then anyone here and do so in a cheaper way then most regular people that eat 3 times a day.

I buy everything in bulk once a month, chicken, beef, vegies, oats, and so on. my bill is about $300 a month.

Comment

I'm a Horse 6'6" 252 lbs. Gained 6 pounds over the winter. Mostly muscle.

Comment

Originally posted by THE BOUNCER
          I have been doing this for so long now that I have it down to a science. I eat the same things every day and buy in bulk. I bet I eat more clean food then anyone here and do so in a cheaper way then most regular people that eat 3 times a day.

I buy everything in bulk once a month, chicken, beef, vegies, oats, and so on. my bill is about $300 a month.
          :eek: only 300$ a month....wow thats cheap bro..give me some pointers :laughnew:

Comment

I get 15 dozen eggs for eight bucks and 15 ponds of chicken 28 bucks.

Comment

Originally posted by Rob5454
              :eek: only 300$ a month....wow thats cheap bro..give me some pointers :laughnew:
              I buy everything from Sams Club. With 300$ a month, you can buy food to spare for a bodybuilder diet.

by the way, im 5'11 257lbs this morning. 9% bf. just want you to know im not some idiot that dosent eat. i eat on average 8 times a day with a gallon and a half of water each and every day.

Comment

Awsome, I'm 5'11" too and I only have about 50lbs to go to match you :P

Comment

I think roasted chicken is a lukury for a diet. If the cost dosn't matter than go for it, but since you are trying to save money, just buy bags of frozen skinless bonless breasts. I eat my 6-7 meals a day and I would say I average about $10 a day on food.

Comment

Not a little man either hehe. I need a Sam's club. I read your other posts about shopping there. It would save me some mola. BTW Yes I eat a roasted chicken at walmart every time I walk by it. I can't resist. Eating Clean- screw it I'm lean enough still eat relative clean but I want MAss. I have a hard enough time making myself eat enough. I get sick of eating. Anyone else have other ideas on how to save money?

Comment

what city do you live in? I'm willing to bet there is either a Sam's or Costco within 45minutes.

Comment

I go to either gfs or sam's both are basically the same

Comment

Originally posted by Shibby
                          Awsome, I'm 5'11" too and I only have about 50lbs to go to match you :P
                          all that matters is that your healthy. you have a healthy family, a beautiful baby and wife. i know you were kinda joking but there is just so many people that give up so much to get to a point to where there body will just not go geneticly. not saying you couldnt. just saying in general, there are many more important things. bodybuilding is a huge part of my life but health, family, and being happy is SO much more important. i will stop preaching now.

P.S. I have been to a point where bodybuilding was more important to me then everything in life. then my grandfather died, i had a puppy that died, i got very depressed for along time. those things made me realize how much i had missed in the years that bodybuilding was all i cared about.

it is still my life, i just take time now to stop and smell the roses so to speak.
                          Last edited by Bouncer; 02-23-06, 01:10 PM.

Comment

Originally posted by THE BOUNCER
                            I buy everything from Sams Club. With 300$ a month, you can buy food to spare for a bodybuilder diet.

sounds good man. 300 bucks not bad. With this new job im getting, hopefully i will start buying my foods in bulk.

Comment

Originally posted by Kiev
                              Not a little man either hehe. I need a Sam's club. I read your other posts about shopping there. It would save me some mola. BTW Yes I eat a roasted chicken at walmart every time I walk by it. I can't resist. Eating Clean- screw it I'm lean enough still eat relative clean but I want MAss. I have a hard enough time making myself eat enough. I get sick of eating. Anyone else have other ideas on how to save money?
                              There has to be a Sams, BJ's, or Costco around your somewhere. What area do you live in?

Comment

Working...
                              X