post workout carb

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by THE BOUNCER View Post
    no i mean some people don't have post workout shakes at all. they eat whole food meals. there really isn't a 100% sure way. for example if you cut out shakes and eat chicken an rice immediately after a workout, i doubt you will see any difference.

ahh ok ok, i understand what your saying

so than back to the peanut butter and bread, it wouldn't be ok and there are definately better choices to eat

Comment

fog, grinder was joking around because DNA always says, "sooooo".
      You know people here too well, you are the only one that caught that! :rofl:

Comment

waxy maize is nasty shit !! i am currently doing a malto/ protein shake pre and post workout

works just fine -- i am, however going to try the new pure velocity -- its from makers of the original vitargo

Comment

Originally posted by bigscott View Post
          waxy maize is nasty shit !! i am currently doing a malto/ protein shake pre and post workout

works just fine -- i am, however going to try the new pure velocity -- its from makers of the original vitargo
          Nasty shit? Mix the unflavored stuff in water and it tastes just like water. Did you try something flavored??

Comment

Originally posted by The_Grinder View Post
            Nasty shit? Mix the unflavored stuff in water and it tastes just like water. Did you try something flavored??
            vitargo only comes in flavors.

Comment

vitargo only comes in flavors.
              He didn't say Vitargo he just said waxy maize. The stuff I buy is just pure waxy maize starch with no creatine and its unflavored.

Comment

He didn't say Vitargo he just said waxy maize. The stuff I buy is just pure waxy maize starch with no creatine and its unflavored.
                yea, he was talking about vitargo. it was decent before they changed the batch and now its bitter and chalky.

Comment

How much dextrose and maltodextrin should one add to the protein shake?

Comment

Originally posted by Scrumhalf View Post
                    How much dextrose and maltodextrin should one add to the protein shake?
                    i currently just use Malto and whey. i use 50 grams of malto and 40 grams of whey.

typical its around a 50/50 ratio so if the total was 50 you would use 25 grams dex and 25 grams malto.

Comment

Good info, thanks! Now to figure out how to choke down this concoction. My chocolate whey is already sweetened to the point of making me gag...lol...

Comment

Good info, thanks! Now to figure out how to choke down this concoction. My chocolate whey is already sweetened to the point of making me gag...lol...
                        Ahahaha - just use maltodextrin then - it doesn't have much of a flavor at all...

Comment

ya grinder it was vitargo - since they changed it -- its gross

Comment

yea, cant deal with shit being too sweet.

Comment

This thread has been very informative and given me things to research. Thanks

Comment

Originally posted by dna9488 View Post
                                i was looking over at allthewhey.com and i came across a product called "Maltodextrin."

here is the description:
                                Maltodextrin is a post exercise supplement.

It is a flavorless, easily digestible carbohydrate made from natural corn starch. Maltodextrin is a convenient source of energy and facilitates the fast delivery and uptake by muscle tissue of vital nutrients that aid in muscle glycogen replacement after exercise.

The finished product…
                                Is easily digestible
                                Is a convenient source of energy
                                Is cold-water soluble
                                Has low or no sweetness

Maltodextrin 5lb | Whey Protein Supplements Bodybuilding & Health

i was wondering if this is an 'acceptable' pwo carb????
                                try some waximaize instead.

Comment

Working...
                                X