My Diet

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• My Diet

I just wanted to put this in here I am back and seriously committed to the gym now, finally about to graduate college can put my focus on gym now.
    Want to get everything perfect to reach my goals.

Want to add mass this winter.

Also, would 250lbs. with the same bf% by April be a reasonable goal?

Right now:
    6'3" 240lbs around 11-12% BF
    Also, my metabolism is lighting fast

My Diet

8am
    6 eggs (scrambled,splash of 1% milk 2 slices of american cheese)
    half cup (before cooked) oatmeal

10 or 11am (depends on class schedule)
    Big Chicken sandwich (8 oz. chicken one slice of american cheese, some lettuce on toasted whole wheat bread)

1pm
    Big Chicken sandwich (8 oz. chicken one slice of american cheese, some lettuce on toasted whole wheat bread)

2 or 3pm (depends on class schedule again)
    Workout (take No-xplode before workout)

after workout 40g protein shake

6pm
    8oz of chicken, steak or pork with a medium sized baked potatoe and salad light on hidden valley ranch dressing and some croutons

8pm either a 40g shake or 8oz of steak, chicken or pork

10pm (before I go to bed)
    cup of low-fat cottage cheese

looks good but if you want it to be perfect, i would cut out the cheese and milk. i would also replace the whole wheat bread with things like long grain brown rice and yams..

Comment

You need some healthy fats in there. Do you take any fish oil? How about adding some nuts or peanut butter in there somewhere. Also, like B said, how about swapping out those sandwiches for brown rice and chicken. And, I would go for a cup of oats in the morning.

My biggest problem with your diet is your lack of PWO nutrition. I would add some dextrose/malto to your shake and get some whole food with protein and a good low GI carb source in there.

Comment

Are oats the same thing as oatmeal, i eat red mill sawn cut high-protein oats, I cook a cup then eat half of that cuz when they cook it puffs up to about a half gallon of oatmeal.

Also, I kno I am asking for but oh well... what kind of nuts should I eat?,and when should I eat them, I am supposed to get fats in at the end of the day correct? ...hahaha peanuts,walnuts,pecans?

The brown rice thing would be hard for mid-day cuz I am at college, and I have to get the cooks actually grill the chicken not not give me some deep fried and breaded crap, but I can add in the rice everywhere else.

Comment

I just eat the quaker oats plain but I put them in a blender with some protein powder, a scoop of natural peanut butter and a cup of water. Then you just drink it. I hate cooking oats because of how they expand and get all mushy.

A sandwich a day isn't going to kill all your progress or anything, I wouldn't worry about it too much. As for the nuts I buy a tub each of almonds cashews and peanuts at costco and mix them up myself. As for when to eat them, they're great for a snack at those time when you go for more than two hours or added to a smaller meal.

Hopefully Foghat will reply to this thread, he's really knowledgeable about that type of thing.

I would caution you to not change it up so much that you dont follow the diet. In my opinion its more important that you are consistent with a good diet than following the perfect diet only most of the time. If that makes sense.

Comment

Originally posted by Konitz View Post
            Are oats the same thing as oatmeal, i eat red mill sawn cut high-protein oats, I cook a cup then eat half of that cuz when they cook it puffs up to about a half gallon of oatmeal.

Also, I kno I am asking for but oh well... what kind of nuts should I eat?,and when should I eat them, I am supposed to get fats in at the end of the day correct? ...hahaha peanuts,walnuts,pecans?

The brown rice thing would be hard for mid-day cuz I am at college, and I have to get the cooks actually grill the chicken not not give me some deep fried and breaded crap, but I can add in the rice everywhere else.
            just get old fashioned oatmeal at the store.

any kind of nuts is good. you should have 15-20 grams of healthy fat with each meal. cut out the carbs for the last meal or 2 if you are trying to cut.

Comment

Red Mill is very good quality oats, from my neck of the woods. Can't go wrong with that, although Quaker Old Fashioned oats is the default choice.

Comment

Well... I have been doin this diet very strict haven't missed a meal yet. I have dropped from 240lbs. down to 235lbs. It was definitely fat off my abs because I have noticed much more definition. The only question I have is this a sign I am in a calorie deficit? right now my plan is to bulk up to 250lbs. and maintain my current bf% of 11%.

Also, I added 1 cup of oats and pb to my morning shake and have a protein shake with my cottage cheese at night.
                Last edited by Konitz; 12-08-08, 09:13 AM.

Comment

Originally posted by Konitz View Post
                  Well... I have been doin this diet very strict haven't missed a meal yet. I have dropped from 240lbs. down to 235lbs. It was definitely fat off my abs because I have noticed much more definition. The only question I have is this a sign I am in a calorie deficit? right now my plan is to bulk up to 250lbs. and maintain my current bf% of 11%.

Also, I added 1 cup of oats and pb to my morning shake and have a protein shake with my cottage cheese at night.
                  if you are losing weight and your goal is to gain, slowly add in a few hundred calories to your plan.

Comment

Originally posted by THE BOUNCER View Post
                    if you are losing weight and your goal is to gain, slowly add in a few hundred calories to your plan.
                    I dont wanna over analyze but would it be better to add these calories post-workout because in a earlier response by rockiller he was thinking I did not have enough nutrition then. Do you think just having another whey shake would be sufficient to first try?

Comment

Just for an update I am currently up to 247lbs... I added in a malto/dextrose after my workout... added a shake with pb in between my last meal and my cotttage cheese right before bed.... and have now been drinking a gallon of water a day. My bf is stayin at 11% and I have been adding 2.5 more lbs to all my exercises every week ,while putting more emphasis on good form. I consider 8-12 reps a good set.

Comment

sounds like you are moving in the right direction bro.

Comment

Working...
                        X