Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• How screwed am I Bouncer?

Hey Bouncer,

I've been following your diet religiously for exactly a month. I've only done 1 cheat meal per week and it's still usually high in protein limited carbs IE: Cheeseburger extra lean burger with a teaspoon of Ketchup and one bun.

Today, Christmas to be exact, I ate a big serving of prime rib with Au Jus, baked potato with some wicked unhealthy topping and a big serving of Kahlua Cream Pie and I think I had 3 or 4 oreo coookies today with my daughter and 5 ounces of milk.

Will my body be able to recover from this meal in a decent time frame?

I'm feeling guilty as all hell that I ate like shit!

Thank god I get to go and pound legs tomorrow in the gym.

lol, I'm not bouncer but here's my two cents, don't worry about an occasional day of overeating as long as you have them infrequently. You probably noticed that after your big meal you probably felt warmer for quite some time, this is your body compensating for the larger than normal influx of calories, and the warm feeling is caused by an increased burning of calories. Also few people realize that a very intense leg workout for one hour, burns as many calories as five one hour aerobic sessions.

Originally posted by silvermt84 View Post
    Hey Bouncer,

I've been following your diet religiously for exactly a month. I've only done 1 cheat meal per week and it's still usually high in protein limited carbs IE: Cheeseburger extra lean burger with a teaspoon of Ketchup and one bun.

Today, Christmas to be exact, I ate a big serving of prime rib with Au Jus, baked potato with some wicked unhealthy topping and a big serving of Kahlua Cream Pie and I think I had 3 or 4 oreo coookies today with my daughter and 5 ounces of milk.

Will my body be able to recover from this meal in a decent time frame?

I'm feeling guilty as all hell that I ate like shit!

Thank god I get to go and pound legs tomorrow in the gym.

Comment

just like lifts said, its nothing bro.

just go right back into your routine, diet, cardio, and training, and you will be fine.

sometimes you have to have a day like Christmas where you just relax and have what you want. good for the mind and the nerves.

Comment

Yep exactly what they said and I can almost guaranty you that you'll probably see new lines, little more hardness and density in your muscles for next couple workouts due to glycogen load up.
        I recommend all my clients to have a cheat day once every couple of weeks.( as long as they do what I say :D )

Comment

Originally posted by wnabeabeast View Post
          Yep exactly what they said and I can almost guaranty you that you'll probably see new lines, little more hardness and density in your muscles for next couple workouts due to glycogen load up.
          I recommend all my clients to have a cheat day once every couple of weeks.( as long as they do what I say :D )
          I was going to ask about that. I have went off the diet the last couple days and today I could really see a difference. Im up to 272lbs right now and fairly lean. Today I could see all my abs. Normally the top four are really visible but the lower ones arent. I even thought to myself maybe I should just stay off the diet...lol But now I understand whats going on there.

Comment

dont fall into the trap of thinking thats how it will keep working. have a few more cheat meals and you will put on fat.

Comment

seriously that was one heck of a cheat meal. dont dwell on it ... but its time to get back to the grind!

Comment

Originally posted by THE BOUNCER View Post
                dont fall into the trap of thinking thats how it will keep working. have a few more cheat meals and you will put on fat.
                Agreed with B, you have to stay on your diet to be able to have that cheat meal every once in a while.

Comment

Working...
                X