UD2

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• UD2

So, Ive been doing week cycles of UD2 when I can. Ill do 1,2 or 3 weeks when i have a clear enough diet. Ive noticed a strange phenomena. After 2 weeks of UD2, Ill cut 1-2 kg fat (2-3 kg overall weight loss), but when I go off UD2, im putting on 5kg in 2 weeks with no fat increase. during this 2 weeks, im eating a fair bit of junk aswell.

Im currently 109kg an 5.5% using callipers and palimo calc method.

have I found something here or am I staking on water with the carbs?
    Attached Files

Wtf is ud2

Comment

Originally posted by THE BOUNCER
      Wtf is ud2
      Dan Duchaine type regime in a nutshell.

Comment

Not following

Comment

It's a carb cycling workout and diet plan. Very very effective at getting down below 10% BF without losing significant muscle mass. Yes, it is built on Duchaine's Body Opus approach, but takes it to another level.

Comment

Humm! It's sound good....

Comment

Sounds brilliant, someone post out in full presumably its a drug regime too if its dd?

Comment

No drugs.

Basically you do carb depletion for 3.5 days, carb load for 1.5 days and eat normally for 2 days. You also have an exercise regimen that goes with the diet.

Basic idea is to deplete both muscular and liver glycogen and get the body to be burning fat, then quickly switch to a carb load to replenish muscle glycogen and prevent muscle loss and then drop into the next carb depletion cycle.

Really effective at getting you below 10%. I did 2 cycles of UD2.0 and pretty much got the advertised results. It is a difficult program with the diet and the exercise regimen, but it definitely works.

Comment

Cool thanks, I'm only on phone but will search for links when I'm at home

Comment

Originally posted by Mr incredible View Post
                    Cool thanks, I'm only on phone but will search for links when I'm at home
                    You can get more info on UD2 (and lots of other great stuff) at Lyle McDonald's website: bodyrecomposition.com

Comment

The "trick" (for lack of a better word) is that once you have reached full glycogen depletion (over 3.5 days with preset routines to make sure every muscle is depleted), your body puts all carbs into muscle glycogen for a period of 36-48 hours REGARDLESS of how much carbs you eat. I eat 1600 grams of carbs during the 36 hours after full depletion - none of it goes to fat storage. The power workout after carb load I lift 20% more weight across the board than what i can when on standard diet.

There is references to what drugs to use when if you wish to, but it is not like the standard "cycles". It's all super short ester stuff. Eg test prop on power and norm eating days, hgh and Clen etc on depletion fat burn days etc etc. caffeine here, no caffeine there - lots of detail but logic behind it.

Comment

Working...
                      X