No announcement yet.

Couscous as carb source

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Here's a cool recipe my wife makes... not too clean but not bad for a cheat day.

Get a few green bell peppers.
    Cut the top off but don't throw away, kinda like a halloween pumpkin.
    Empty the pepper of the seeds, etc.
    Cook the bulgur and stir fry quickly with some diced onions. Mix with some shredded parmesan and mozzarella.
    Stuff the mixture in the peppers and top with some more of the cheese mixture.
    Replace the "lids" that you cut off.
    Stick the bell peppers in the oven and bake for a while, no particular time here but until the cheese has melted and the peppers have cooked, maybe 20-30 min?

Delicious!

Comment

Originally posted by Scrumhalf View Post
      Here's a cool recipe my wife makes... not too clean but not bad for a cheat day.

Get a few green bell peppers.
      Cut the top off but don't throw away, kinda like a halloween pumpkin.
      Empty the pepper of the seeds, etc.
      Cook the bulgur and stir fry quickly with some diced onions. Mix with some shredded parmesan and mozzarella.
      Stuff the mixture in the peppers and top with some more of the cheese mixture.
      Replace the "lids" that you cut off.
      Stick the bell peppers in the oven and bake for a while, no particular time here but until the cheese has melted and the peppers have cooked, maybe 20-30 min?

Delicious!
      Stuffed peppers w/o beef substitute rice w/bulgur ;)

Comment

Hmm, bulgur. I gave up wheat (bread, wraps, etc.) awhile ago with really good observable benefits. I just wish I knew if it was because my body doesn't like grains, cause I'd love to try a new good carb!

Comment

Originally posted by blm View Post
          Just for something different; made some plain couscous, threw in golden raisins, dried cranberries, and sliced almonds. Let it cool in the fridge and enjoy.

Not bad at all. Isn't heavy like some complex carbs and kind of fresh tasting with the additional ingredients.
          I have to flavor mine a bit because I think its rather boring but I do like it.

Comment

Originally posted by Alin View Post
            I have to flavor mine a bit because I think its rather boring but I do like it.
            I forgot to include juice from a whole lemon. It gives it a little more flavor. It's definitely not a WOW meal just an alternative carb source.

Comment

Working...
            X